When my son was in eight grade he developed a lump under each nipple. His pediatrition said it was normal and not to worry. The nipples became itchy over time & would crack, ooz & swell a bit. Since he had eczema as a child we assumed he had developed it there as well. He is now twenty years old. The nipples still itch, ooz & swell & recently have developed what look like tiny warts all over them. He has no health insurance. I am hoping someone will recognize these symptoms.

I would think of two things: scabies or genital warts on nipples. Scabies first cause itching and after some time they cause eczema. They are spread by physical contact. The outbreak consists of small, raised, red bumps, blisters or rashes. In order to diagnose the scabies, he would need doctor’s evaluation. Considering that these symptoms resemble many other skin diseases, a doctor would have to scrape the skin off and exam it under the microscope to look for scabies. Scabies could cause bacterial infections because of constant scratching and bacterial infections cause cracking, oozing, redness, tenderness, swelling, etc
If you are sure the bumps are warts, it could be genital warts. It doesn’t mean they have been spread by sexual act but personal skin to skin contact was necessary for transmission. They also cause itching and could hurt, so I think that your son should be examined even if you had to pay for the examination.