Have you been to the hospital? If this is still happening I would suggest that you do. Hope it gets better :)

that is pluersy inflamation of the lining of the lungs, which will make you feel like its your heart... the classic sign of it, makes you feel like you are having a heart attack. when you take a deep breath the lungs will expand and touch your ribs or the heart and them being inflammed will cause pain. exertions is a cause. be carefull going in the cold to heat the change of environment can cause it.

I'm 16 and have been experiencing this sort of pain since I was 11 or 12. It's a sharp pain, as if i'd just been stabbed straight through the heart. It's usually only 2 or 3 stabs at a time, each pain lasting a second or two, and happened several times a year. I've never gone to a doctor for it because other people I know experience it and say that it is just "your heart growing". I believed this, but now that I'm 16 and have pretty much stopped growing as much, I think it could be something else. It happened this morning, worse than ever before. I could feel my heart pounding irregularly afterward and could barely breathe. I thought I was dying!

I occasionally get sharp pain in my chest like someone is stabbing in my heart or chest... I never went for checkup, once my doctor asked me to x ray but he found nothing as problem. I never shared about the pain with my parents and now I am somewhat geting used to it. But it scares me as I dont know why it happens... I dont do any exercise, dont take any medicines, I got low blood pressure... Please if you know anything about me then post it...

ive had the same problem to i think its to much exercise or benching or depression/ anxiety/panic attacks because i 1-2 weeks ago i benched for 4 5 days and i think dat caused me to have chest pains in my heart also for worrying it caused me panic attacks and also i found out wen i run or exercise i have these at nights 

Hi Abby, I've been going through the same kind of situations as you. This morning I woke up with stabbing pains over and around my heart. I grabbed 2 extra strength gas x pills and in about 15 minutes they stopped. I've done this a few times and it has worked. Now before I eat anything especially high in fiber foods that could cause gas I take gas x pills.

This is happening to me as we speak...heart doctor does not know what it is...he says possible nerve damage from being diabetic...shingles...to many un answered amswers...no one seems to know what it is we are feeling...

From what many of your symptoms suggest, I would say it is something called precordial catch syndrome. I get it myself from time to time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome

I think it's just PCS just look it up apparently it's nothing to really worry about but it does hurt and some people freak out and think it's a heart attack i have this to but it doesn't last long

I get them a lot! Sharp pains that shoot directly into my heart. My doc says it's stress and anxiety - that the heart is a muscle and it is simply responding to the stress/anxiety that I'm feeling. Sometimes the pain is so bad I feel like I can't breathe and occasionally it wakes me from my sleep. When the stress is gone, so are the chest pains. Hopefully that's all yours are, too.

I have this problem too. It is known as Precoridal catch syndrome (PCS), it is also known as Texidor's Twitch. " PCS manifests itself as a very intense, sharp pain, typically at the left side of the chest, generally in the cartilage between the bones of the sternum and rib cage, which is worse when taking breaths. Patients often think that they are having a heart attack which causes them to panic. This pain typically lasts from 30 seconds to a few minutes. The frequency of episodes varies by patient; sometimes occurring daily with multiple episodes each day, or on a less frequent basis with weeks, months, or even years between episodes. Though some episodes last just a few breaths, in some cases they can persist for up to 30 minutes. On rare occasions, breathing in or out suddenly will cause a small popping or cracking sensation in the chest, which results in the pain going away. In most cases the pain is resolved quickly and completely, and medication is not needed for the pain to subside. There is no known treatment or cure for PCS." The cause of PCS is unknown.

i have been having these sharp pains in my heart like everyone else. first, it started off as a really powerful heart beat goth rough my chest and a few months later, I'm getting these sharp pains. It only started when my parent told me we have to go bankrupt and move houses :/ and I'm positive it's caused by stress. when I'm really thinking of what's going to happen to my family and I, I get these pains sometimes, but when they happen I stress even more and the more I think about it the ore it happens, so I guess it just big stress loop that I'm stuck in :( 

i have no clue, but i have the same exact problem. lol we're all going to die :P im just kidding. but i really wonder what it is?

oh and just so you know, it's like this: im sitting there in school and suddenly it feels like my heart just gets stabbed. im like, *gasps* and my teacher's like, SILENCE! and im like, *sqeak* and then i get all dizzy and i feel weird. but it passes after a bit. it doesnt happen often, but it's happened to my bff, too.
just sayin.

sometimes, when I want to breath in deeply, I experience a sharp pain shooting through my heart which actually prevents me from taking a deep breath. I do panic then, because I think I can't breath. What helps me in such situation is to lie down (it hurts mind you) on the floor and stretch my arms above my head. It always gives me immediate relief. Luckily it never happend to me outside, would look funny if I had to lie down on the floor in the supermarket... Katarina