Please go see a doctor for any pain you may have in your chest and if you happen to be nausea and dizziness you might have a serious problem and most people don't like or feel like they are bothering their doctor please put that feeling away and go see a doctor

it could be svt

Have any of you been checked for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy? You'll need an echo. I had some many of the same symptoms people have listed here and had a cardiologist tell me it's all in my head then my family doctor ordered an echo and off to Cleveland Clinic I went for open heart surgery. Just a thought if you all keep experiencing these symptoms.

i am 13 and i have it always on my left side its almost like i was stabbed a few times and then it stops i breathe heavy and it happens twice a day normally when im at school walking to my next class or sitting down. i also am being told i may have severe anxiety so please help me out.

Hi , what your doctor said about it ?
Thanks

if you suffer from stabbing chest pains with negative test chest X-rays or Stress test results read up on Costochondritis. It may give you some answers your looking for.

Hey, I have the same symptoms (but I also have many health problems). I went to the ER and then had a follow up with a pain clinic. They diagnosed me with fibromaylgia. And now I take gabapentin 4 times a day. And it helps but you learn to deal with the pain... You should start with tylenol and Ice or maybe ibuprofen and ask the doctors for a nerve relaxer, it might be a pinched nerve. Hope this helps

I'm 37 and slim and experienced a sharp stabbing pain in my chest where the heart is just a couple of days ago, like everyone else I felt dizziness and had a moment of blurriness, but the pain was intense and breathing in of out made me think I was having a heart attack!

I sat myself down for 15-20mins where it it passed but its scared me ots the first time its happened I've not told my partner or family and I don't feel brave to walk into my doctor!

Last year my mother was diagnosed with angina after she collapsed so I think I need to have a word with her and then try brave it to see my doctor!

Anxiety in the broad sense , though repeat stress and or trauma. Being Deaf-HH I have always felt discomfort in social settings. Having been mainstreamed did not allow for socialization or a language that I could ˚hear" 100%; American Sign Language. Repeated social isolation in a crowd and knowledge of being without a community is at its limit. I can no longer be in social settings or consider such, otherwise it feels like my heart is being run through with a double edge sword. Letting the thought to and accepting need to limit social contact to one to one, and prayer brings relief.

Hi Abby, I know your post was a year ago but do you still get the pains through your heart ?? About 2yrs ago I started with the same pains and getting ill one after another with antibiotics one after another as well. So my dr. Couldn't understand why I wasn't picking up so sent me for a chest X-ray to start ruling things out. The X-ray showed fluid around the heart, cut a long story short, eventually I had a drainage done and soon after the fluid returned with vengeance, I was due to have a second drainage when the fluid started showing signs of getting better, today I'm half way there of the fluid improving but I still get a lot of pain through my heart, apparently it was caused by a bacteria, like if someone has/had a cold/ sore throat then I must of caught it but it went straight to my heart. It's apparently not very common but I caught it so maybe you should be checked.
Good luck

what would happen if someone pressed on my heart?

I think it's better to go to the doctors. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I have had the same symptoms as you and I went to a neurologist and he diagnosed me with POTS syndrome. It means that "the current diagnostic criteria for POTS is a heart rate increase of 30 beats per minute (bpm) or more, or over 120 bpm, within the first 10 minutes of standing, in the absence of orthostatic hypotension.1,2,3,4 In children and adolescents, a revised standard of a 40 bpm or more increase has recently been adopted.4,5 POTS is often diagnosed by a Tilt Table Test, but if such testing is not available, POTS can be diagnosed with bedside measurements of heart rate and blood pressure taken in the supine (laying down) and standing up position at 2, 5 and 10 minute intervals. Doctors may perform more detailed tests to evaluate the autonomic nervous system in POTS patients, such as Quantitative Sudomotor Axon Reflex Test (QSART, sometimes called Q-Sweat), Thermoregulatory Sweat Test (TST), skin biopsies looking at the small fiber nerves, gastric motility studies and more." I didn't have the chance to tell him about the chest pains but I hope I helped.

Jolee

Mitro valve prolapse

I'm the same age and I have the same problem