While weight training about 3 weeks ago I was doing some upright rows and there was a loud POP! That came from the deltoid area of my arm. There was pain with the noise. Somehow I kept from dropping the weights on myself. The next day it was a little sore but not bad. I've taken it really easy but it seems like the pain comes and goes. One day it will be sore the next day nothing. :shrug:

What the heck did I do, and how long will this take to heal?

Can you feel any knots?

My guess is one of two things, your shoulder blade popped out and back in place or you have some level of strain/pull/tear in you muscle. If you are fine some days, I doubt if it is a tear. The rest should heal on there own just give it more time.

No knots or swelling.

That's good. Rest a little more and ease back into lifting with light weights.

My shoulders pop every time I do upright rows. In fact, almost every joint in my body pops. I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies when I walk.

As long as you don't get any soreness beyond the initial 5 seconds after the pop, it should be alright.