I am 16 year old girl and for the past 3 weeks I have had a 24/7 stomach ache and it increases once I eat leading to nausea. I normally end up vomiting. Because of this I have no appetite. I also get very dizzy to the point where one day I passed out or blacked out. I am constantly tired which I mainly blame on not being able to keep down any food. I want to the doctor and got an X-ray and an upper GI done and he found nothing. He just put me on a bland diet which has helped nothing. I know I am not pregnant because I am a virgin. I do not know what it wrong with me and if anyone can help me, that'd be great! Oh and I also get extreme sharp pains in my ribs. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what else is going on or not.

Hello, Concerned Citizen:  Are you keeping fluids down?  I don't think three weeks of not keeping food down is good at all.  You should be hospitalized, especially if you can't keep liquids in.  Is the pain you get on both sides of your ribs?  Did he check your gallbladder by any chance?  I wonder if you may have a bowel obstruction.  You should go back and have him reassess you and investigate other reasons you are having a stomach ache and rib pain.  Good luck to you!

Has anyone else had these symptoms and was able to come up with a diagnosis and treatment?