Hello, I tried weed and got this really bad trip, and I was feeling depressed, and down. This is my third time taking it. Do you think it is dangerous? And tell me, isn’t weed supposed to make me smile, and not grim? I don’t quite get it, so feel free to open your mind to me.

As much with my experience on marijuana, your mood is set mostly by your doing that day. If you were really depressed, there isn't a ton of weed that can help you. If you want to continue with taking it know this - for every up there is down, and for every high , there is a low. It alters the way you think permanently. Throw that c**p away, and go do some weightlifting like a real man for god sake. Best of luck for you.

What probly happened was in fact you got too high, yes it is possible. if you never smoke, or haven't in awhile, too much intake of thc will make you paranoid, scared, or downright sad. Also there are many diffrent strains of Marijuana which give amny different feelings. Based on your description, you probaly smoked hydro. hydro is a complete waste of money, the only time it is really a feasable substitute for a good high grade pot is when you grow it yourself (it takes less room). i have personally been smoking for 12 years now, 6 years darn near every day. I have done exactly what you have done, you just got to remember to slow down, enjoy your high, and once you get good and stoned, figure out peace in the middle east.

Happy High

Other posters have pretty much covered it. Different kinds of weed provide different effects. But also where and who you get high with can also change the kind of high you experience.

Avoid other depressive smokers. Your logic and reasoning is lowered and if they're "radiating" bad vibes you're more likely to be unable to counter them with your own logic. Stick with happy/funny smokers.

You might also be a anti-social smoker like me. I love pot, but I can't smoke with more than 1 other person, mostly because of the above reason. I'd much rather pop in a relaxing CD, lay back, and relax than talk to people while high. I just use logic and reasoning too much when I'm talking to people to do so. Nothing is better to me than watching the Science channel blazed.

Or, pot just might not be your thing, and if all you're doing is feeling depressed and unable to control it, you should probably stop. Weed's a little different for everybody because everybody is raised a little differently, and those little variations in how you were brought up can make big differences in how your thought processes function compared to others.

If you're going to get high again, try this. Create a relaxing atmosphere, music, enviroment, everything. I'd recommend somewhere private to avoid any paranoia. Smoke with someone stated above and that you trust, or smoke alone. Either way, smoke just a hit or two (depending on the grade) so you can get used to feeling high. As long as you're surrounded by a positive atmosphere I'm confident you'll have a better experience. The best thing to remember is you're smoking to relax.