My boyfriend has stretch marks on his torso from rapid weight gain then losing it. Sometimes he gets large sores on the stretch marks. He usually only gets one or two at a time and they get about the size of a quarter, very irritated and swollen. What are they and what causes them? What can be done to treat them?

The same thing has happened to me. I can't figure out what they are either. They seem to be some kind of blood blister. I usually only get them under where I were my belt.

I have had 3 kids and am 30 yrs old.I have stretch marks-but lately the ones on my inner thighs I think are rubbing and one will swell and hurts.I wish I could get rid of them!I am thinking of going to my doctor and asking if insurance would cover lasering them off or something! This cannot be normal!I am overweight-but not grotesquely so!I wear a 16(barely) and have always had heavy thighs and hips-even when much thinner everywhere else!So I think your boyfriend must wear something that is aggravating his stretch marks-I guess he should ask his doc what to do.

This is a serious sign of a connective tissue disorder. Your boyfriend needs to be checked out for hypermobility in his joints. Please email me****** for information.
Charneloj

**edited by moderator**