hello! I am a male teenager and most of my friends have already started lifting weights. I would also like to do so, but my parents are against it, saying that I am not fully developed yet, and that weight lifting will influence my growth by stunting it. Is there any truth in their statements?

Hi there! At first it was thought weight lifting was both unsafe and ineffective for growing teens. That was in the 80es. Some years later, it was discovered that weight lifting was useful if done correctly. Most of the injuries reported happened due to bad technique, lifting excessive weight, and loss of control of the weight.
You didn’t say how old you are because this makes the difference. It is considered that girls, and pre-pubertal boys grow stronger without building muscles. Older boys in puberty will see the added benefit of increasing muscle size due to the presence of testosterone. Maybe you could go to a gym and talk to a professional there, or even doctors who can explain to you when it would be best fro you to start lifting weights.

Hi at age 13 i started to train heavily with all kinds of exercises and with weights i used to use a whole bar with about 35-40kg and do sets of bicep curls as well as press ps pulls up and sit ups i also smoked weed form 13 to 15 heavily and gained alot fo stress and depression i am now 15 and going to turn 16 in a month im about 5 foot 2 at most and weigh 63kg, I do eat reasonably well and dont think ive ever been mal nourished however, ive never really had a big growth spurt since 13 and was wondering if you think i could have stunted my growth :-( a reply would be greatly appreciated as this has been on my mind for more than a long time and causes me great deals of anxeity.......help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

im 16 and i wiegh 120 and im scared to do wieghtlifting becuase i think ill get skinnier:P
o.O i believe i should start weightlifing when im older after im 20 years old