Can you please help me. When I weight lifted in grade 9 half way through the semester, I went with people to go to the gym. I did weights until grade 12. I was 5 foot 6 when I started how come I havent grown since, would I be able to grow to my grown up state, or has it stunned my growth.

Please reply to me.

I started heavy lifting when I was 11 or 12 with adult body builders. I noticed when I got older that i was not very tall. The men in my family are average height but I am 5'6. I don't really know if weight training since I was 11 or 12 made me stop growing. On the other hand I don't think I was 5'6 when I was 11 or 12. maybe I'm just short. o.O

There is no definitive evidence that you will be shorter if you start weight lifting post-puberty. Unless of course you took some type of steroid.

Sociologically speaking there are plenty of children around the world that engage in hard labor at a young age and they do not turn out to be short.