Me and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now. We have seen a fertility doctor and she has said she believes it was his methadone treatment that was the cause. She said that with some men the fertility may repair itself sometimes taking up to a year. He is now off methadone and doing well for about 3 months now but still not pregnant. I was just curious if anybody else had success conceiving after their partner had quit taking methadone?

Very true this happened to a friend of mine. He had trouble getting off it and then couldn't havea baby for about 6 to 8 months. The methadone really reaks havioc with your bodys chemistry. How did you bf do getting off it. Did he take any other drugs to compensate for the withdrawal he faced? That could also play a factor in sperm count and other biological factors.