I was reading a lot about yeast infection lately. I have problems with it and I know that I am not the only one. It came, then it goes, and it repeats all over again. I was reading something about diet programs that are good when you have this infection. I think that I found an information that too much chocolate can cause some problems down there, but I am not sure. Anyway, I was wondering can you suggest a diet to get rid of vaginal an yeast infection - what foods should I eat and what avoid? Your suggestions and advice, please...

Good day. Healthy and balanced eating programs are one of the home remedies for a yeast infection that are pretty good. There is no specific diet program, just balanced way of eating. So, you really should support your immune system by eating a nutrient-dense diet. When I say that, I refer to those who are really high on vegetables, who have all of those healthy fats,  probiotics and quality sources of protein.Also, you should pay attention to taking more probiotic foods, because they are beneficial for fighting infections. It is proven and you should also focus on this. Good luck! 

Diet is never that good like some restrictions or changing your lifestyle. So, I would not call it a diet program. I would call it a new way of eating. Kefir, yogurt, fish, seafood, fruits, and vegetables as a very powerful antioxidant. Also, garlic is very powerful. As you maybe could read in some other topics, apple cider vinegar is also a good thing, so you can use it. Avoid low sugar fruits, herb, healthy proteins, seeds, oils, healthy fats, etc. If you follow these instructions, I am sure that very soon you will see some progress. Yeast infection can go itself, but it is better to speed up this whole process. 

I have tried so many diet programs in my life...Really, so many of them. But it is true that you are what you are eating and that your body is behaving in order of what you are eating. For example, whatever you are eating, you should always add some garlic to a diet. Foods that are rich in vitamin C can also help you in treating this problem, so consider to put more vitamin C foods in your daily menu. Avoid foods that contain high amounts of sugars and fermented foods because these foods increase the number of candida bacteria in the intestines, causing irritation and infection. 

Hey, is there a possibility that chocolate can cause some infections or really odd smell down there? Here is my story. I almost never eat a chocolate. But my good friend brought me some amazing chocolate from Austria, and the problem is that I just can't stop eating them. They are so delicious and I ate 10 chocolates in two days. Soon, I started to notice that there is something wrong with me, I have so many secrets coming out of my vagina and this really unusually smell. I don't know what this is, was the chocolate main problem or something else? What should I do? Is chocolate on this list of the forbidden groceries?

Sure, it can be easier because of the chocolate, especially if you don't eat it that much. I think that we all do know a fact that sugar is acidic. So, for sure chocolate can't cause a yeast infection, but this sugar can make a perfect breeding ground for yeast. So, to cut long story short, consuming too much sugar can cause frequent yeast infections and you can blame chocolate for this. So many different things are the culprit for this, for yeast infections in so many cases are - sugar in chocolate, different syrups, ice cream can cause this as well, iced tea since it is full of sugar,  juice, sweetened sugar and so many different foods and drinks. Hope it helps. Have a nice day!