I HAD MY BUNION REMOVED ON THE 12TH JUNE 2007. I HAVE ONLY JUST RETURNED TO WORK. IT WAS MORE PAINFUL THAN EXPECTED, THE PAIN KILLERS I WAS GIVEN DID NOT HELP AT ALL. ALTHOUGH ITS BEEN 6 WEEKS NOW MY FOOT IS STILL SWOLLEN AND SORE. I HAVE 3 SCREWS WHICH I CAN FEEL WHEN I EXERCISE IT, THIS MAKES ME FEEL A BIT SICK. IM DUE TO HAVE THE OTHER FOOT DONE IN 6-9 MONTHS. :-( HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS NOW.

i just had my bunion removed on Monday 23 February, and i am in total agony, the pain killers are not working, i cant lie down properly as it hurts to much, and i'm not due to have the stitches out for another 2 weeks. any ideas on how i can reduce the pain.

"i just had my bunion removed on Monday 23 February, and i am in total agony, the pain killers are not working, i cant lie down properly as it hurts to much, and i'm not due to have the stitches out for another 2 weeks. any ideas on how i can reduce the pain."

I just had my surgery 2 days ago.. and I've been just fine. They made 3 incisions, shaved down the bone, and put a pin in. Let me give you some advice. 1) make sure you keep your foot up.. not just one pillow.. like 4 or 5. It really helps. I really notice a difference when I put my foot back down. It hurts and throbs when all that blood is rushing to your foot. 2) keep ice on your foot most of the time. It really helps numb the pain and keeps the swelling down. 3) Just relax.. don't try to get up all the time. Just lay down and try to sleep through the pain. You're only making it more sore by trying to get up and walk. I only get up to go to the bathroom.

If you follow this advice, it really helps with the pain. Trust me. I thought the pain was going to be really bad.. but it's not too bad since I am taking the pain medicine regularly and doing what I have listed above.

I'm 21 years old, currently typing away on my laptop-only day 2 of my surgery. I got each bunion removed on both feet at once. Why? After doing long research, I realized getting both done at once...would be easier to knock out. The first day I was able to slowly walk to the bathroom, only later to find myself helpless immobile and in horrible pain. Keep feet elevated and don't get up for anything. I actually have a bucket in my room for bathroom purposes because walking to the bathroom is unrealistic at the moment. If painkillers don't do the job add subs. Advil has been helping a lot to reliever swelling sensation. Day 2, I'm much better able to move around more than yesterday. Ice applied to feet is my relief. Your not supposed to get bandages wet. After applying pack of ice around feet with rubber, was really uncomfortable. So I tied the bag to a long stick and hold it on their, and take it off when I feel. I'm not regreting the surgery & very satisfied. Too anyone who has bunions on each foot, I suggest just get it both over all at once. Its worth it & make sure theirs someone around especially your first night until you feel you can handle on your own. I will keep everyone updated on my recovery. Wish me Luck!

-Stephanie