Hi, I am in my third trimester of pregnancy. Everything is going on just fine except for one thing. I am sweating, especially in the night, like never before in my life. I have no idea what this means. Could there be something wrong with my pregnancy? What do you know about sweating in pregnancy and do I have to tell my doctor about it?

Hi, increased sweating in pregnancy is a normal thing. You need not worry too much. This happens as a result of a higher blood flow to the skin. It also means that the body wants to get rid of extra fluid. This extra fluid is used to nurture the baby. What you can do is to try to cool off. You will achieve this with often showers, drinking a lot of water and wearing loose cotton clothes. However, this does not mean that you can forget about seeing your doctor. These visits are of the uttermost importance. You should also tell your doctor about the sweating and see what he has to say about it.