Hi, nodes under my jaw are sore, swollen and sensitive to touch. I cured my sinusitis a month ago, so I don’t think that’s a reason. I’ve been coughing lately, so maybe I have flu. Could nodes under jaw be swollen because of flu?

Hi, I think it’s quite possible that your swollen nodes under jaw have something to do with sinusitis that you had few weeks ago. Maybe you only thought that you cured it, but now it’s back. If your immunity system is weak, it is possible that your sinusitis was just reduced, but not cured. You have to check it out, before it gets worse. It is a flu season, so maybe you caught flu. It could also be a reason for swollen nodes. Lymph nodes are important for our body, because they fight the infections, so their swelling could be a sign that they are defending your body from an infection or flu. Some people have swollen nodes due to lymphadenitis. It is an inflammation of the lymph nodes.