2 months ago, I woke one morning and my hands and arms were numb, and left side of face was droopy, but went away after a couple of hours. Now it has progressed to where it is constant pain along with the swelling. It is now in my wrists, they are very weak, painful and bottom-side of them are red almost purple and swollen all the time. My fingers are painful and swollen all day and night. The pain and numbness wakes me at night. It is also in my knees, especially the right knee, to where it will not bend it is so painful at rest or in movement. Now when I awake in the morning my toes and bottoms of both feet are swollen and painful. I get an extreme case of itchy fingers a few times a day to where they are now very red and skin is hard from scratching. It is starting to occur on my face as well but no rashes anywhere. I also have tingling and shooting pain at times in fingers, hands, elbows etc. At times my skin is too painful to touch. I cannot even rest my elbows on anything. This also happens to the skin on topside of my hands. Dr. has tried 5 different pain meds, anti-convulsive, prednisone but nothing helps. It is getting very rapidly worse and seems to be spreading into other areas of my body such as my hips and shoulders now. Dr has done blood work 4 times now only to reveal a positive ANA test. Anyone have any ideas. I am fearful that soon I will be disabled. Some mornings I lift coffeepot, open toothpaste, do up a zipper etc. I am 50 years old and have always been to busy, working mother of 3 but feel soon I won't be capable of doing daily tasks if cannot figure this out soon.

I would suggest you see a Rheumatologist.

I would get checked for a stroke because of the pain and drooping of thr face. I hear that u can have mild symptoms at firstvand then something else couldbhappen,but please don't worry I could be wrong so just do it to be safe. I also have pain all over and itchy fingers through out the day. I also have crazy attacks where you literally can not touch my skin or even my hair. I had breast cancer, 11 surgeries,two infections and severe periphial neuropathy for starters. I have rashes sometimes and Ibam to a point where my knees are swollen and I can bearly stand up. Write back if younwant.I think a rheumetologist is a great sugestion. I am worried about fibromyalga and possibly lupus.I also drink about 6 gallons of water a day but it has no bearing on the swelling of my abdomem,face,hands,legs,neck and feet.I will write back with any progress,but does anyone have any advice?

I have a swooned hands and palms when I wake up in morning didn't know why. Please reply me why and what it is

hi i dont know how you are doing now but this sounds like lyme disease.