Hi

I went to my family dr. six months ago about my fatigue and had my b12 tested which came back a little low nothing serious. Later I went in for my sore throat and upset stomach, they said it maybe tonsilitis which is wasn't. She did say that I have acid reflux and that with pepcid it should all settle down. I changed my diet and take the pepcid but the sore throat has not gone away. I've had it for over a year and she says its very enlarged (which I know) but she can not find a cause. I wake up each day with this lump in my throat and I am ready to go back to bed by 9:30am. I need some relief from this as it is effecting my family.
I think my dr feels I'm nuts for coming in again and again about this.
Oh and to top it off for three months this summer I had a severe case of hives, which she perscribed antihystamines.
Please can someone lead me to some answers!!

did u check for hiv????if not id recommend that u do.
best of luck.

did u figure out what it was.. i have the same symptoms and scared. what did ur doctor say?

I have the same symptoms. Went to an ear nose and throat dr and took a blood test for mono. Came back positive. Bad news is, there's no treatment. Best of luck to you!

Perhaps you have sleep apnoea. This is a condition where your airways are obstructed during sleep causing breathing difficulties and hence constant fatigue. It is also often asscoiated with throat conditions, enlarged tonsils etc. This may not be the root cause of your sore throat, but could explain your fatigue and why your condition won't improve. I suggest you talk to your doctor about seeing a sleep specialist. Good luck.