I have a small knot on the left side of my hip.  It is very painful.  I also have burning pain in my shin and now in my ankle.

An MRI says I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease.  I have had DDD since I was in my 30's and each year it seems to get worse.

I had had epidurals, chiropractic and physical therapy, along with message thereapy and nothing helps.

I am going to a surgeon now but am wondering what to expect.  I am in very good health and very active.  This pain has put such a strain on my activities and I do not want to be on pain meds all of the time. 

How long does it take to recouperate and what should I expect as far as typical results.

Thanks

KMC

Hey KimTinCar, just wanted to tell you that you should never give up.Try some light stretching exercises. I think regular visits to the chiropractor, as you have already been doing would make you get rid of the pain and discomfort.