I am 10 weeesk 2 days pregnant with my third child. I began to have some brown tinged cervical mucus at 6 weeks 3 days and called my doctor. I was given an ultrasound. We saw the baby's heart beat, and no bleeding from anywhere in the uterus. It stopped for about a week and 1/2 and began again at about 8weeks. Again I had another ultrasound. The baby had grown to appropriate size based on the last ultrasound and still a strong heart beat. Again no bleeding in the uterus. I was told everything was fine. I am ten weeks and still have this tan and browm discharge, but only when I wipe and not everytime. My doctor told me it was vervical and that I shouldn't be worried. I had a pap and pelvic exam 2 months prior to conceiving and everything came back normal. I am very nervous about this and can't understand this, is this really normal and just from an irritable cervix?

I just wanted you to know that I have had your same problem with all three of my healthy boys. I would actually bleed sometimes though too. Most of the time, it was just a brown discharge when I wiped. It usually lasted for the first 3-4 months of my pregnancies. The doctor ended up attributing it to a sensitve/irritated cervix. My boys are now 4,2,and1 and the pregnancies were fine. I guess we're all made differently so people's bodies also react differently to pregnancy!
Hope this helps!

hi im 10weeks + and i had bleading when i was 6weeks and had scans done i was told the same as u but for me to exspect more bleading but ever since iv had the brown discharge and it also smells like rotting doctors think i might have an infectchion but it still hasnt gone but the lady doctors tell me the only time to worry is if u get cramping pains but im always looking on the internet for more answers this will be my second child . i never had ne of this when i was carrying my first and i think all im afraid of is haveing a disabled child as i no i wont be able to cope i have also spoke 2 the doctors about this and they told me that when i have my 5mth scan and the worst comes 2 the worst that i can have somthing done i no it might sound crewl but i also think its crewl bringing a disabled person in 2the world when he/she wont have a life ne way i hope iv helped u out if u wanna talk more then give me an e-mail

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **