:-( hi i need help badly i ate my favorite food kiwi and then my tounge started hurting can anyone help me?????? please i want to know so i can eat them again.

I think that the fruit acid from kiwi might have overstimulated your taste buds - this particular kiwi might have been extra rich in acid which makes it more probable that it was just this one case. you should drinking some milk and gargle it for some some in your mouth to remove any acid that might have remained. Milk helps even with chill peppers, so it should take care of little bit of kiwi fruit acid.

Sugar stops the pain immediately! I hope I helped!

Kiwis contain enzymes that break down the proteins in the mouth. To assist, consume kiwis with fiberous foods, ideally cellery or lettuce. Also, don't eat too many kiwis at once. I can eat up to two kiwis a day if I separate them by about 8 hours without pain, but if I go past that, my whole mouth hurts.

The same is true of pineapple.

For healing the mouth you can use clove oil to kill off unwanted germs and chew fresh herbs such as basil, sage and cilantro, and after chewing the herb, pack it into the cheeks to hold onto it for a while. This helps prevent and heal sores in the mouth, as well as being good for the gums and teeth.

~ Raederle 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same i dont know

Thank you so much it helped