I often have cramps while I’m cycling and that is pretty annoying. Sometimes I have to make long pauses until they pass. Can you tell me what the reason for these unpleasant sensations can be? Is there cycling equipment that I’m supposed to wear in order to reduce cramps? Generally speaking, cramps are my problem even when I walk because my legs are sometimes tense and I don’t know what to do.

I think that your only problem is improper cycling and perhaps wrong shoes. You should determine your foot type because wrong shoes can cause various problems including cramps. Since cramps occur even when you’re walking, there is probably a problem with correct foot placement. Maybe your muscles are too tense and you should do certain relaxation exercises. A physical therapist will have to check your legs and feet and prescribe you a set of exercises. Another thing might be a poor circulation, though I have no idea for sure whether this can be the reason for cramps. It’s also important that your saddle is properly adjusted and that its height is only 5cm up or down from the height of the handlebar. If it’s incorrectly adjusted cramps and pains can occur.