two days ago i woke up with a pretty good sized red bump in my pubic area close to my inner thiegh. yesterday it was bigger and worse, today bigger and really red, swollen and extremly painful. it hurts to walk, or sit down and i cant even touch it , so im afraid of a dr. right now. its about the size of a fifty cent piece and is protruding above the skin 1/4 of and inch or so and has a huge mountain like head on it that looks like a blood blister at the point. could this be a bite of some kind or do ingrown hairs get this infected and sore? please help

Sounds like a boil of some kind. I have an old fashioned remedy that could possibly work for you.
Take 1/4 cup of milk, preferably whole milk and pour it into a sauce pan, boil it until it scalds. Now take a piece of white bread only and tear off a good size chunk, a bit bigger than the sore on your leg. dip the bread in the hot milk and soak it pretty good, but don't let it fall apart in the pan. Scoop the soaked bread up with a spoon and squeeze off a little bit of the excess milk. Place the milky bread directly onto your sore and tape into place with a couple bandaids. Change this a couple times a day using the same method. The yeast in the bread works with the milk to draw out anything that may be infecting you. It really works. My great great gramma would do this to her kids and then it sort of got handed down to us. Sounds weird, but it's reaaly effective.

Sounds like an infected ingrown hair. I've had one of these. They hurt so badly. Best to see your doctor. I went to mine and she gave me a cream and an antibiotic to take. Also try taking a salt bath with Epsom salt. You can buy this at most drug stores or even grocery stores. Put 1 to 2 cups of it in a hot bath and soak in it. The salt will help draw out toxins.
Good luck!