Hi, I had my hernia removed and "reinforced" with mesh 17 days ago and after a few days in which I recovered well, I noticed some severe swelling on my right testicle, the underneath of the scrotum itself was bruised and as the bruising passed the swelling receded a bit but the testicle hardened and still remains so now, the testicle on the opposite side has also shrunk but that only happened 1 week ago. Please help as to what I should expect. Especially helpful would be some past experience or just knowledge (I'm only 14 so this is quite worrying)

idk hope he gets better just posting so i can ask my question good luck

Hey there. So how's you nut doing now? Hopefully it worked itself out. I had a right inguinal hernia repaired when I was 26 years old [I'm 34 now] and my nuts have never been the same since. My testicles rarely descend, when they do, I feel like showing all my friends and praising God for blessing me. The post operative testicle issues have disabled me. I am in constant , excruciating pain. When I do bust a nut I feel as if they're going to shoot out of my mouth, it horrible. Before my surgery I could shoot a load across the room no problem, but now I ejaculate before I cum, and when I do cum, nothing just pain. I truly hope you don't go through what I've gone through because at 26 years old I was at the top of game, i was a cocky sh*t, at my sexual peak and having a really great time. My situation has made me somewhat bitter, because the mesh has taken away quality years of my life that I could have spent [ or could be spending] as a normal sexually active male my age because lets face it, for dudes, sex is everything. I know for me, sex was the reason why I woke up in the morning, sex got me through the day and sex gave me something to look forward to for the next day. My quality of life will never be restored.

Had inguinal surgery at age 43, in February 2003. Surgeon encouraged me to go the mesh route. Turned out to be a huge mistake! My testicles changed position in scrotum immediately after surgery and have remained that way to this very day: Left testicle is turned slightly sideways and sits high in scrotum -- right testicle extremely high in scrotum. A dull, achy pain permeates from within my left abdomen area and has done so from day one! No pain from right side, however,(I had both sides done) but the pain never goes away left side. I'll describe the pain: Imagine someone gently tugging on your left testicle. As they tug you notice that the testicle itself doesn't hurt as they tug, but that the cables connected to the testicle are what actually hurts. It's a very strange and uncomfortable pain. It's a pain that makes you feel like you want to vomit. Sort of like getting hit in your testicles with a soccer ball, or something. It's not excruciating pain but is painful nonetheless. I sleep on a couch because of this pain... always on my couch. Have been doing so for several years. Why? Because lying flat on my mattress causes pain in my abdomen and testicle. Lying on a mattress makes my abdomen taught. I can feel the mesh holding taught. All this while my abdomen wants to stretch and loosen up from a long day's work. But the mesh won't let it stretch. My solution: Sleep on my old sagging couch( picture Gilligan sleeping in his hammock on the TV show... that is my couch). My couch sags in the middle just enough to help reduce the stress on my abdomen. And that does help. But what a way to live life, ha? Listen folks, Any of you out there contemplating hernia surgery please reconsider. Live with your hernias. Manage them somehow. Settle for the needle and thread instead of the mesh. Take my advice. Hernia mesh replacement is a very bad route.

Mesh is a mess and changing peoples life! The FDA needs to stop it everywhere. If everyone woild read comments from people all over the world someone would stop this disgrace in the medical world!!!!