This is an unbelievably delicious and quick salmon recipe. You can play around with the ingredients: add fresh basil leaves instead of the chili or balsamic instead of the lemon (lime?) juice. The wholegrain mustard is essential. You are guaranteed to love this one! Serve with a green salad, and enjoy!

Prep Time: approx. 10 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 25 Minutes. (Which makes no sense since it needs to cook for at least 25 minutes?) Makes 2 servings. Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Nupur

2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 dried red chile pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a
medium baking dish with aluminum foil. Lightly grease foil.
2 With a mortar and pestle, grind together the garlic,
chile pepper, and olive oil. Mix into a thick paste with the
mustard, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon fillets
in the prepared baking dish, and coat with the paste mixture.
3 Bake salmon 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until
fish is easily flaked with a fork.

This was an awesome dish. I don't have a mortar & pestle yet, so I just mixed the seasonings like usual. Also, I used crushed red pepper flakes instead of the dried red chile.

Will this also work with chicken?

I don't see why it couldn't -- I might try it using the same cooking method (saut and deglaze) I posted in the Garlic Chicken recipe.