Hello everyone. I have a dog for three weeks now. Golden Retriever, he is two months old. My aunt is moving to Europe, and she couldn’t take him there. So, he is mine now. Now I am learning as much as I can about dogs, and this is how I found this site as well. I saw that you really can help me, so I have one question for you. I was wondering can you help me and tell me how to bake dog treats from canned dog food? Do you have any advice for me?

I am really interested to feed this dog in the best possible way… 

It is really nice, you know? It is amazing thing when you want to feed your dog this way. It is healthy and I totally support this. It is not hard at all to bake dog treats from canned dog food, don’t worry. First, you need to preheat oven to 300 degrees. Open the can. Push the loaf using the opposite end and cut loaf into slices. Coat the cookie sheet with thin layer and place treats on the cookie sheet. Bake it for half an hour or until it is crispy, you will know how. That is really easy way, you will see. It is not difficult at all.

Hi there. I think that those homemade treats are always the best. I always choose them for my dog. I tend to prepare them every day, even though I don’t have a lot of spare time.

Here is one, it is my favorite and it’s something that my dog really loves. Put two cups of dry good in a blender and grind it into a powder. Pour the powder into a mixing bowl and put quarter cup of water and stir until it’s consistent. Use a spoon or something like that to shape the mass into cookies. Bake them in the oven at 280 degrees for half an hour.

I usually make treats from leftovers. I slice them into tiny pieces and drop them into cookie sheets which I put in oven and cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

You can add a topping of your choice. My corgi loves cut apples or diced carrots. The great thing is that this treat can be preserved longer because it’s cooked.

One more great treat is “Kong stuffing” – you put canned food leftovers (or whole can, whatever you like) in a Kong and mix it with peanut butter or cottage cheese.

The look on my corgi’s face is priceless, I am sure that these treats will be delicious for you dogs, as well.

Hey. This is really interesting topic, so I would like to join this topic to ask a few questions. I am now with my boyfriend, so I take care of his dog now. I want to learn how to make treats for him. Now, when I am here with them, I can see that his dog really loves to eat eggs and chicken. So, is there any recipe that contains this groceries?  It would be really nice to share something that is easy to make, because I really do believe that this is the best way of feeding our pets :)

It is easy. Just try to figure out what your dog enjoys the most when it comes to canned dog food.And food in general. 

Mine for example loves peanut butter and crème cheese. That’s why I like to make Kong stuffing for him using these ingredients.Just put some peanut butter, crème cheese or wet food in a Kong.  Add some of his favorite canned food and add a layer of crème cheese on top of it. After you’re done with stuffing it, you can put the Kong in the freezer for a while. That way your dog will have to work longer to get it. 

I love to prepare food for my dog. I live alone and since I don’t have any kids, I sometimes feel very lonely.

So I got a dog. The best decision in my entire life. Not only am I not alone, I now have someone to enjoy my food. I’ve always wanted to put a smile on someone’s face with my food, or in this case, a happy bark.:)

Here’s what I often do, and you can do it too:

• Mix 3 cups of wheat flour with two cans of dog food, one egg and one to two cups of broth. 
  • Mix it all well and after you’re done, drop it on a cookie sheet and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.  

Hi, guys.

Here’s one homemade recipe I found online a while ago and I am preparing it to my corgi ever since.

It’s called “fruit parfait for dogs” because it mixes fruit and dairy and gives your dog a nice dose of protein and vitamins.

You will need:

• Half cup of nonfat yogurt
  • Half cup of diced berries (blueberries and strawberries are the best)
  • Half cup of applesauce

Just blend all the ingredients in bowl until yogurt is smooth and the fruit is well blended and serve it in small amounts. You can store it in the fridge for seven days top.

Like I said several times before, always take care about the amount of calories your dog is getting with treats. You don’t want to overfeed him.

Hello there. I remember when I was talking with my friend, she told me some things about those treats. She was telling me what are the treats that she is making for her puppy. You will need half of cup of whole wheat flour, one tablespoon of salt, one egg, one tablespoon of chicken, half of cup of hot water, bacon, eggs, wheat germ… Now, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dissolve bouillon  in hot water and add remaining ingredients. Knead this until it forms a ball. Cut into slices and place dough pieces on cookie sheet. Cook for 30 minutes. Amazing treat! 

This is an idea of how to make a bit harder treats that are supposed to last a little longer.

Choose some canned food that your dog likes the most. You can buy several of them and let him try them out before you start making these treats.

After you have chosen the best one, cook the canned food in the oven (350 degrees for about 40 minutes.). You can give your dog the treats as large pieces. Or, you know, if your dog is as lazy as mine, you can break them into smaller pieces .

Some foods can be sliced into small pieces. The others must be spooned.