Over the last year or so, I have been getting this thick white skin growing on my index, middle, and ring fingers on my right hand. It does not hurt, there is no pain at all. It is just this white skin, its looks pretty odd. Over time, the skin will get a thicker, and a bit more white in color (probably because more layers of skin have grown.) Eventually it will just start to bug me, so I remove it (normally using finger nail clippers, cuts right through the thick skin) This may seems odd, or maybe even painful, but it does not hurt one bit, and the skin comes off easily. If I were to try and do that to any other part of my hand, it would hurt.. a lot, haha. -- Anyways, the skin comes off, and it leaves my finger tips to become red and raw. It still does not hurt, even after it is remove. After about a week or two, the white skin starts forming back, and the cycle repeats itself. I am not sure what has caused this, or if I should go see my skin doctor or not. I was diagnosed with psoriasis about 4 or 5 years ago ( I am currently 16 years old ), I am not sure if it is related or not.

When ever my hands start to prune from being wet, the thick white skin area on my skin becomes more visible, and prunes more than everything else.

Anyways, I uploaded a picture of my fingers with the white skin on it to give you guys an idea as to what is looks like, the picture will show more than I can explain. - http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5353/imag0087a.jpg

For a while, it stopped happening to my middle finger, but it started back up again.

Any insight as to what you think it might be would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

It seems to look like hypopigmentation, which is loss of color/scarring of the skin.

It very well could be. But from I what I have read, if this were the case, the skin would "feel normal" -- This skin happens to be thicker, and almost smoother to the touch. I have also noticed that because of the skin being thicker, I am not able to feel things touching that area of the fingers as well as I would normally; the sense of touch in that region is less sensitive.

Possibly check aad.org website it's a dermatologist website.

Strange, but I have the same thing too. Did you ever get it diagnosed? I thought perhaps it was some kind of splinter than got inside but I didn't see anything.

I am now experimenting with Exoderil which is an anti fungal RX for a toe nail fungus. It worked on the toe nails. I figured it was worth an experiment.

I have similar one on the side of my finger. I am a cook, the spot on my finger is where the knife I hold come in contact with just where the blade and handle meet. Also having my hands wet very often for long time. I couldn't say for sure holding knife was the cause but its the exact spot where the knife puts the most pressure on my finger. Since there is no pain or itch didn't take care to remove it for couple of years. Since the picture of yours in straight line across multiple fingers let me know if you were holding any thing for too long in that spot.

A year later and it's totally gone. Don't even remember having a problem.