Hi! I have a problem. I am a 12 years old boy and I have some questions about thrombocytosis. My best friend has a thrombocytosis, but I don’t know what is it and how I can help him. He doesn’t talk much about his disorder. Please, tell me something about thrombocytosis.

Your best friend is serious ill. How you can help him? Thrombocytosis is a blood disorder in which the body produces a surplus of platelets (thrombocytes). Complications of thrombocytosis include stroke, hearth attack, and formation of blood clots in the arms and legs. There are two types of thrombocytosis: essential and secondary thrombocytosis. The causes of essential thrombocytosis is unknown. Some the causes of secondary thrombocytosis are: anemia, arthritis, cancer, exercise, medication and stress. Symptoms of thrombocytosis are: bloody stools, bruising, dizziness, headache and weakness. You will help your friend if you encourage him to not smoke and have a good time with him.