I don't use scented product, and I have this same problem.

Usually in the spring & fall aka. allergy season (spring it's pollen, fall it's mold)

my doc calls it's allergy induced asthma. Get tested for allergies,
allergy meds in combo w/ an inhaler really helps me.

Hi i also can't stop concentrating on my breathing it is an anxiety problem and i know i need to learn some distraction techniques but its hard to put them into practice

Hi .. Anybody please help me !! I have troubles breathing for nearly 2 years .. I am only 15!! I been to the clinic before, the doctor said it was just an anxiety but it lasted for 2 years and i have no stress at all .. I am just always happy ! But what is it ? It will get worse when i need to stand up at long hours. I will have trouble sleeping cause cannot get enough air .. ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!
Thank You ..
I really need your help

I have the same problems as most of you, It's been happening for around 2 years but mostly during the times coming up towards and during summer. I have been told it could be the pollen in the air and anxiety. What is the result of all you guys?

It is anixiety

Ok Listen to this, I may never be back here but, I typed in "trouble breathing tight throat" to Google and found this page first.

I've been suffering through this as well, exact same symptoms, I'm 38 and moved to an apartment 2 years ago. In the last five months Ive noticed it slowly creaping up on me, I thought the tightness in my throat would maybe go away, well it didnt. I've been to emergency and they did one of those scofe throught the nose things, it was an old 4 mm scope and the female doctor was fairly new... It was a nightmare. she sprayed this numbing spray in my nose and held it down I almost choked to death right there... then she couldnt get the light to work so she pulled it out again then went in again and bashed around into my voice box etc. DO NOT Let any old person use one on you... Insist on a professional.

I Did a chest xray (which ruled out phnomonia) and a week later went to an ear nose and throat doctor, he had a new 2mm scope that I didnt even feel it was a good experience.

Anyway he said everything looks fine in there and sent me on my way. the problem persists and I'm begining to think its my environment (apartment) Mold is in the bathroom behind the toilet and in the spare room closet after the roof leaked about 8 months ago.

The more I think about it the more I think the mold is doing something to me, Is this dangerous? Im finally going to my family Doctor with all this and will come back here and update.

Sorry this is so long but I know what you people are going through, its Not nice, its so randome and not sever enough to be athsma.

Good luck everyone... Rob

Iv had the same issues. For a month and a half iv had throat problems headaches on the back of my head and breathing problems. When I was at the hospital they said I have anxiety nd acid reflux. I keep thinking about death or a disease. Can anyone help

Maybe you have a dairy allergy.

Feels like a lump in my throat (like when you're gonna cry). Actually breathing in feels semi-normal. It's breathing out when I feel the lump. My throat is slightly sore when I swallow and I have a constant headache and tightness in my neck. Get kinda light headed sometimes when I stand up and my heart races randomly (even at rest). Been to doc and ER. They keep saying stress/anxiety. Sure feels like more to me. I'm not a stressed out person. It's hard not to think doc's miss something and we're really all dying. If it really is stress, thinking your dying should make the symptoms worse, right? Hehehe...Good luck everyone.

I've had these problems as well for some time now(tightness in throat/chest, difficulty getting a full breath, dizziness), and at first I thought I was having heart problems or something and went to the emergency room after a particularly bad attack where I thought I was going to suffocate. They ran an EKG and some other tests and everything came back negative.

They told me I was having an anxiety attack and put me on Xanax (alprazolam is the generic) and it helped. It basically just really relaxes you and makes it so you can breath properly again. The medicine really whipes me out tho so I don't take it unless I absolutely need it.

The thing you have to keep in mind is anxiety attacks never killed anyone, and it's basically one big mind game. It makes you feel like you can't breathe, and that you may die, but in actuality you're fine. It's your body greatly over reacting to something very minor that others wouldn't even think about. I went to the doc one time while I was having an attack and he checked my breathing and it showed up fine even tho I felt I was having major issues.

My type of anxiety is generalized anxiety with no known cause. It just happens for no reason and happens quite frequently, but I usually can keep from taking a pill through my own positive reinforcement self talks, but not always. It is very annoying tho and I'd love to be finished with it. Charles Linden has a pretty good method you might want to check out in fighting this.

My aunt recently told me she had anxiety attacks for over 10 years, but when she lost a bunch of weight off her stomach she stopped having them, so I'm hoping steady exercise and a decent diet will rid me of this c**p forever!

Hi i hope someone here can help me, i am an 18 year old male i will be 19 in june 150 lbs 6ft1 i have been having a stabbing pain in my thyroid area in my neck, i went to the doctors and they sent me to get an ultrasound and it came back i have a small noduale on my left side the dr. felt soft tissue. the past few days i have been haveing a really hard time breathing feels like my throat is closeing randomly and i have been shakeing a little bit, very moody, my friends have even noticed that i get mad over nothing really easily. i also am always hungry. i will eat a normal mean and be stuffed and in an hour or less after i will be starving but i can gain any weight at all and i am constantly eating. my blood tests came back ok, my grandmother has graves disease. i have also been experiencing headahes and randon chest pain the dr is puzzled... is there anyone that knows or any suggestions to what you think it could be ? thank youu

I'm having a bad case of it now.
its very thick and feels like i'm being strangled.
i've been researching on the net and theres absolutely nothing!!!
:-(
But i'm 17/
i've come to the conclusion that the age range is withing late teens to mid 20s/
they seem to last for weeks-yrs if untreted (if they even cen)'
I have no idea whats wrong, and the doctor says i have the flu *(i know, i dont think so either).
I have all the same symptoms.
even th heavy breathing/
I wish there could be an anser for everything/
:-(

I had this same problem over winter break. I had difficulty breathing and my throat felt tight. I had to struggle to breath, and it was worse every time I ate. I went to the doctor and they said i had a lung infection. It was caused by a previous cold, and slowly built over time. I was given antibiotics to treat the infection, and a inhaler to help me breath better during the recovery. Over time it went away in a week. I did get spots all over my body from the medication, but was told it was a normal reaction. :-)

i have had this same problem now for a long time. about 15 years to be exact. some doctors say it is anxiety and others do not know. it has gotten very frustrating over the years. as a matter of fact i just had the problem right before i sent this message. what i usually do is get something to drink and drink it quickly and hard and it usually goes away. however this time it did not. so i am guessing if i try to focus on something else i will be fine. nevertheless, sometimes i have to cough right after the pain and it helps a little. i do have anxiety medication so i take that also. hope all you people out there who have this problem find the answer out. i have thyroid problems, but i do not think this is the answer. %-)

For the past few weeks I have had the same issues! I feel like my throat is closing & i have something lodged in my throat, and almost like i am swallowing my glands or tonsils haha. weird! i went to the doc's today & he told me to drink alot of fluids and eat soup!! im more scared than ever seeing as how one of these posts said they got diagnosed with cancer :/