Hope you begin to feel better, and thanks for trhe info I was always a little learry about having a sling put in, feel better

I went to my gyno for uterine prolapse and he said that I needed a hysterectomy and said that I would need a bladder sling too because once the uterus is out, my bladder would drop. I have heard so many bad things about the mesh sling that I don't know what I should do. I told him that I didn't want that and he said that if I don't get the sling during the hysterectomy that I'll be back within a year for it. I might leak a little once in a while when I sneeze or cough hard but that's been ever since I had my kids and it's not that much of a nuisance that I feel I need a sling.

Do not get this bladder sling surgery. I had it done 5 weeks ago and am having all kinds of awful pain, including a painful clitoris and burning pain in my vagina, also pain in groin. Doctor does not know what is causing it and has referred me to another doctor. I want to get the sling taken out as soon as possible but the doc who put it in said, "I can't remove it. They can't be taken out." I was shocked, I never would have had it put in if I had known that. I am going to ask the next doc to take it out. If she says no, then I will try one of the specialists who is able to take this awful device out of me. I am pretty sure the pain I am experiencing is Pudendal Nerve damage. I am hoping it is not permanent damage and that taking out the sling will bring me back to normal and take the pain away.

You can have it taken out. I just left the doctors and I'm being scheduled to have it taken out

DON'T HAVE A SLING PUT IN. I HAD ONE PUT IN 8 YEARS AGO, THE INCONTINENCE IS WORST AND I AM CONSTANTLY GETTING INFECTIONS.

You need to go to another doctor.

Please go to another doctor.

44 years old, slight incontinence, had hysterectomy and "piece of cake" bladder sling. I now have atonic neurogenic bladder dysfunction (can't empty bladder- possibly as a result from either the hysterectomy or sling) and have to self cateterize for how long I don't know. The urine I can get out comes from having to lie way back. Sling might have to be loosened. Regret the procedure so much!!!!! the body is a delicate instrument. Don't mess with it unless absolutely necessary.

Stress sling then I had collagen injections I had 2nd sling and now after both slings have failed. The very first sling and collagen injections was unable stop me from leaking urine. II sling has made it to where I can't urinate at all and it's been two weeks since the second sling was inserted. Don't know what to do next.

Worst thing i ever did. Had a sling 5yrs ago. Incontinence and pain is worse than nefore i had it done. Been off work since november and on my 6th water infection.waiting to have it removed

how are you feel now? Has anything changed?

I got uti's also, and was given a vaginal premarin cream which helps, but what helped most was a healthy dose of acidolpholus. Have only had one since, and it's been over a hear. Also take probiotics.