Hey guys

About a week ago, I had my first ever tonsil stone (Yay :( ) and it was quite a bulge one and filled the whole hole up and it feel out by its self!, but near that area I can see another white blob and it appears to be under the skin/tissue. Is this another tonsil stone ? and if so how do I go about removing this one under the tissue ? baring in mind its not a case of using a q-tip and going into the tonsil and pulling it out as its quite a distance from the tonsil hole

And also does having 1 tonsil stone for the first time in my life (I'm 17) mean it will be a regular occurrence ? or can it be just a 1 off ?

If so if I get any bad ones can I get ENT people in NHS to remove them or will they not bother ?

You think it can't be removed with a q-tip but it can. Push on your tonsil off to the side of the stone and the pressure should pop the stone out. If its too hard, try a bobby pin and use the curved end to put it in the hole and scoop it out. Once your tonsils have the holes and crevices its really hard to keep the stones from forming so it might not just be a 1 off type of deal. I never had tonsil stones in my 23 years of life, then one day I saw one and took it out. They never stopped forming after that. I'm now on day 3 of tonsillectomy recovery. If the stones bother you, you might be willing to endure the painful recovery of a tonsillectomy. They bothered me enough. I don't want that stinky sh*t lingering in my mouth.

The thing is I dont think its that bad to get them removed, my breathe doesn't smell at all

If it doesn't bother you enough to have them removed then just take the stones out yourself. It's a personal preference really and mine was that I did not want to deal with the stones. So I opted to have mine taken out. But like I said if you don't feel like its a big problem then don't get the tonsillectomy. It's painful and might not be worth it to you.

@Jon, is there a way to see if they are causing bad breathe ? I myself dont think they are and I have only had 2 come out in a week, so I dont have them that severely  

Thanks

can small tonsil stones appear to be slightly under the tissue?