I'm 15 years old and I got my tonsils removed 5 days ago, every day has been excruciating, I've been eating mostly scrambled eggs, ice cream, yoghurt and other soft foods. I can barely talk and I'm only on nurofin and paracetamol, they don't do anything at all. Day 2 and 3 I thought were the worst, I was sleeping a lot and drinking and eating hurt. Days 4 and today have gotten a lot worse, both nights I've woken up at 4am in extreme agony, I can't swallow my spit, I can't drink,  I can't do anything. What's worse is I have to take 2 anti-depressants every morning and they get stuck in my throat and cause agony to the point where I need to just sit down and shut my eyes. Also especially when I wake up at night if I swallow or take a drink my ears hurt so much I can barely handle it. I've had several bad ear infections before but this on top of my throat is just not bearable. Days go by so slowly and I just want this to be over with every morning I wake up and just try not to cry, forcing yourself to eat is good though, it hurts but the food clears your throat of the really thick slimy stuff and in the end feels better. If anyone has any advice on how to make the pain more tolerable let me know

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use