Recently I rode my bike for the first time since September. After about 30 minutes of riding I experienced great pain in my vaginal area. When I looked at it at home I realized that I had torn or stretched my left labia and it had created a white kind of sore that resembles what you get in your mouth when you bite your cheek. It has been three days since it happened and I am experiencing burning and itching in the surrounding area, is this normal? what should I do? I am also sexually active, I don't know if that's a factor?

I accidentally posted this on pregnancy :s I don't know how to delete it

Hi:
It seems that if you had caused an injury like you've described, you would remember doing this on the bike. It sounds like a more likely answer is that this is related to your sexual activity. Again, a tear like that would be a memorable and painful experience. This type of sore, on soft tissue, will take some time to heal and it won't likely heal by itself without proper intervention/meds. Please have this checked right away. It would also be advisable not to engage in sexual contact with any partners until you have a diagnosis and medical clearance. Please be responsible here. I hope that you have seen a doctor by now. Please let us know what you've found out and how you are doing.

I think that whatever happened to you--whether it was sexual activity or biking that did it--you should see a doctor. Especially since pain has increased and you have not felt an alleviation or improving of symptoms, you should definitely see a doctor. The sore concerns me as well, but I don't think that it's any less related to your problems than anything else. Keep us posted on how things go at the doctor!

Did you end up having to see a doctor? I certainly hope that your pain is gone by now. What did you find out? I can't imagine that you would still be living with such pain and other symptoms. The burning and itching, again sounds like something that is not related to the bicycling. I hope that you have seen a doctor and gotten treatment. Please let me know how you are doing and what you've learned. I look forward to reading your update.

the same thing happened to me!!!!!!!! it's been three days now and it is really painful. I have trouble sitting and walking and when it starts to burn it REALLY burns. I can't even go to thew washroom without shaking in pain. What did you do??? If you went to the docotor what did she say??? I put polysporin on it to prevent infection and stop the burning. Please update me about what happened. I'm desperate!