I am having burning of the vulva. It isn't constant and the burning sensation varies in intesity. Some days I have nothing and then others will will be buring all day long and is very distracting. It started about 2 months ago when I took an antibotic for uti. I went to the dr. because I thought it was the beginning of a yeast infection. I was given 2 doses of diflican. I still had the burn. I was told before that it takes longer for the outside to heal. Well I was still having these on and off symptoms a month later. I went to the dr. She did a swab and said she didn't see anything from the sample but there was a little red broken skin and gave me a cream to insert vaginally for 7 days. I felt this made the burning worse but proceeded through the treatment. I have been done with the medicine for almost a week now and I still have the on again off again burning. I am trying to get another appointment with the dr. but I am scared they are just going to treat me for yeast again....this is very frustrating. Please Help!!

The thing is – antibiotics can often lead to yeast infections, or more specifically, they cause the fungi that are normally there to protect the vagina like Candida to overgrow and to cause problems like the ones you are experiencing. I think you should start to use some probiotic – ask your pharmacist which one exactly – to try to restore the natural balance of your vagina. And yes, the fact is that more and more unsuccessful treatments can only irritate the area even worse, so when you see a doctor next time make sure you go more informed and ask about other, maybe more natural options to deal with this problem, when chemicals didn’t work already.

Hi Ravin, I hope you are doing better theses days. Similar to you, I have had non-stop burning over the past several months and have also been treated for UTI & yeast infections with no success. Can you please update the readers on here if or how you were finally treated & hopefully cured? It would be great to hear something positive for all of us experiencing similar symptoms after multiple disappointing doctor visits. Thank you.

Hi Ladies,
I've had this same itching/burning routine for 2 years! Mine is the same as you describe: some days not so there other days and at night, scratch/burn all night. There is no odor and it hasn't been sexually transmitted. You don't want to know how long THAT'S been!
Even though I knew it wasn't a yeast infection, my doc tested for it and, of course, it wasn't that. She also suggested the vagisil which burned even worse! I can't believe our doc's haven't had dozens of cases like ours, but something very real and potentially serious is going on.
From what I've read on this site, most docs can't diagnosis what we have and the ones that have (lichen sclerosis, vulvadynia, bacterial vaginosis etc.) don't have a cure or explanation of how we all got this thing. I'm concerned that I can spread it to other parts of my body, like my eyes! By the way, one thing that helps a little are bacterial wipes. I buy the cheap ones and use morning and before bed. It helps a little.
I'm going in for a biopsy which my doc recommended. (She thinks it's cancer, which I absolutely don't think it is, but I'm committed to getting to the bottom of this with my doc.)
I will let you know what I find out. My appt is Friday. Karen