HI WELL MY HEIGHT IS 5.9 MY WEIGHT IS 270 AND I TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT CAN U HELP ME PLEZ

i am 13 years old i weight 205, and i am 5"5 and i need help to lose my weight,
because i dont want to go through high school bring FAT. u get called name and
it has happened before. not all that fun. so plz help me lose my weight!!!!!

Hi starr, first of all you are very young and you are going through your puberty and you will experience changes with your body. I'm not sure that you need to go for some diets but you could cut out some things (only if you are using this) like candy or fast food. Try to eat more of vegetables and fruits. Try to have some physical activities, find some sport that you like. And start practicing it.

I'm 23 and I used to weigh 115 and then got up to 140 and I'm only 5'3. Then I started riding a stationary bike for at least 30 minutes a day and doing some simple weight lifting. Sometimes I'd do wii fit haha. I also started practicing portion control. I've always eaten healthy because I love veggies and fruit and don't like things that are fried or covered in cheese. I lost some weight doing that and then after getting my tongue pierced I started drinking protein shakes because it was easier in the beginning. Well even after being healed I kept drinking them because they are delicious and have 17 grams of protein that keep me full for such a long time. Also try 5 little meals a day. Then you don't eat as much and it's good for your metabolism. I'm back down to 119 now and focus more on toning now. Oh one last thing, drink looooooots of water. Your body holds on to water as a survival thing. If you drink at least the 8 cups a day consistently then your body starts to let go of all that extra water weight because it's not longer thinking that it has to hold on to it since you've got water coming in all the time. Hope some of this helps =]

Hi Kat,
Interesting post. I'm just wondering how long have you been drinking protein shakes?
And I agree with you an 5 meals a day. Small portions are much easier to digest in our system. I like vegetables and fruits also. To be honest i don't like them, I love them. I'm not a vegetarian, I like meat also. But I try to make my dish different every day.

I've been drinking them for about 3 weeks now. I have one in the morning and it keeps me full for hours. I'm no vegetarian but I prefer veggies and what not. Growing up with a huge garden I was spoiled with fresh fruit and veggies all the time so I was never one of those kids that liked junk food. Which I'm sure helped me as I grew up. When I do eat meat it's chicken or fish and I take a lot of vitamins as that is also a crucial to losing weight. I drink vitamin water as well, not a ton though because of the sugar but about a bottle a day, other then that it's normal water for me. Also if you consume too much protein it can actually hault your weight loss and or cause you to gain weight. Someone my age needs about 46 grams a day. Not sure I get that but I come pretty close. Fiber is a big part too. I eat cracklin oat bran or fiber one cereal and use benefiber, plus with all the fruit and stuff I eat I come close if not get to the amount you're supposed to have in one day.

Well as I can see you have a good way of life. A lot of healthy food, vegetables and fruit. That is very good. I envy you a little there. :-)
You have mentioned wii fit. I'm interested in how did this work for you? Are you satisfied with it? If you could give us a little info it would be nice.
Thank you.
Red

I love the wii fit. You set a goal of how much weight you'd like to lose or if you'd like to maintain your weight and then set a time period in which to reach that goal. Then there are a huuuuge variety of things to help you get there. The more you use it the more credits you get and the more things you unlock.
They have yoga and aerobic training which is what I used the most. You can actually go for a sort of virtual run, you jog in place and on the screen your character is running through town haha or you can change the channel and watch TV and the remote will tell you when you're done.
There's stretching and strength training, such as crunches, squats and things like that. I actually felt muscles in my back being worked for the first time in my life. The Yoga is nice for helping with balance and I got sooo much better as I used it.
I usually end with the meditation, where you sit on the wii board legs indian style and just calm down. It's a nice way to end the work out. I would recommend it to anyone, it's wonderful because you can workout in the privacy of your own home and you can even run inside if the weather outside happens to be bad.
There's also a test to see what your wii fit age is, I got mine down to I believe 21 and I'm 23, it was at I think almost 40 o.O
If people are looking for a fun way to lose weight this is the way, the board gives you tips n such and the trainer motivates and tells you when you've done well or when you need some more practice.

It seams to me that you have full training with it. :-)
Well I was considering of purchasing wii, but still haven't. Don't really know why. But after your post I think I could give it a try.
Do you have some suggestions for beginners?

Just to go easy when you first start, otherwise you'll be having so much fun you'll work yourself too hard and end up being sore the next day. And working out with sore muscles is not only not fun but isn't good for you muscles because you need to let them heal. Other then that just have fun with it 8)

Hi Kat,
Thank you for you suggestions. If you have any new information about weight losing, fell free to post it here.
If I decide to by wii, all ask for some more instructions. :-)

Actually one more thing to try with the weight loss is a thermal stomach or stomach and upper legs thing. They sell them in most fitness stores and it helps get rid of excess water weight. It works wonders for me. I have one that's just for my stomach and another that covers my stomach down to my knees. I can see the difference right after working out.

Hi Kat,
I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by thermal stomach thing? Can you explain it a little bit?

Thank you. :-)

It's thermal material that keeps the heat of your body in so you perspire more and shed even more water weight than if you were to just exercise alone. You wouldn't believe how much water your body can hold onto and how sometimes even just losing that weight can make you feel great and help you shed a few inches around wherever you're wearing the thermal wrap.

I've actually seen these and I think that they can help but you do have to be careful using it. Can you clarify for me though--does the wrap have to be around where you want to lose size or can it just be on you in general?