Hello everyone. I thought I like to share my experience with you. I happen to be a type 1 diabetic and I am now at week 3 with zero insulin injections. This is the first time I have tried this and so far everything looks good. I have a very strict diet and have kept it that way for years so maybe my pancreas has corrected itself. Has anyone out there had this experience. If you have, I would like to hear about it. I just hope this doesn't all come crashing down on me. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Hi, I don't think you've had type 1 diabetes for too long. There is something known as the honeymoon effect and that doesn't last too long. Chances are you will need to get back on injections soon. You're diet probably isn't that good in terms of all the nutrients you need. Are you taking any vitamins? Surely, you will need to supplement yourself. I think you need to get with your doctor as soon as possible to be checked out because I think what your doing is very dangerous. At least have someone check you on a regular basis in case something goes wrong. You know type 1 diabetes is not the same as type 2 diabetes. Type one should never be taken so lightly. You have definite genetic complications and that can't be ignored. It is possible that you were misdiagnosed by your doctor and maybe you are type 2 and it may not be that serious yet. I hope that's the case. If so, diet if adhered to can work. I think essentially if you're type 1 you can't make insulin. Something is very wrong here. Even if you are taking in just proteins and fat, your body will turn some of that into sugar and dump that into your bloodstream. Perhaps you should go back to the doctor and have blood tests done to confirm the type of diabetes you have and it's a good idea to do that very soon.