What is your blood glucose before bed? Mine stays pretty steady, and I don't like taking insulin before bed and having a snack if my blood sugar seems like it's okay and exactly where it should be. 

The insulin you are prescribed at night is needed to keep your blood sugar from spiking during the night.  Some diabetics wake up with high blood sugar even by not eating a snack at night.  The liver has a sneaky way of putting out a lot of glucose during the night when it senses the blood sugar is getting low.  If you eat your evening snack and take your prescribed insulin before bedtime, this will help keep your blood sugar from going out of whack.  Are there any thoughts or experiences anyone would like to share about their morning fasting blood sugar?  Do you find they are elevated in the morning?