Im 13 years old and im too scared to go to my local gym because im scared the older people might tell me to go away or just start criticising me? I do not really know what to do... And also does it cost a lot of money to get a membership at the gym?

At 13, you definitely are young, but that doesn't mean that the other people at the gym will be extremely rude just because of that fact - I'm not saying that no one will joke about you age, but is the gym you have in mind already filled with bullies? The other thing is, where are you from? Different countries have different laws on the age limit for participation in this type of the club. Usually, the good gyms have programs for teens and all you need to do is to check at your local gym what is their age limit. However, age limit for weightlifting is, as far as I remember, 16. But, go there and check it out.

Im from Australia and im pretty sure im allowed to go in but im not sure that there will be a teens club i hope so though... All i want to do is just go on some of the equipment for about an hour and i wouldnt be stupid or anything like other kids

Hi... In my opinion, the side effects of joining the gym can only be positive if you go about it well. Everyone goes there to work on their body and their health, and in my experience, there is a supportive environment. If you introduce yourself, ask for advice on what workouts to do and how, you will learn a lot from more experienced people. I really don't think you need to be afraid that someone will criticize you or laugh at you, but if you're doing something harmful, you will probably get advice on how to do better. This is a good thing!