i have vaginal hair on the inside of my labia. It is finer and lighter than the rest of my pubic hair and started about a year ago and im 22 now. Is that normal or something to worry about?
Also about 2 years ago i had a small lump on my inner thigh just before my vagina, and there is now a scar there where i picked it. I think it was probably a hair follicle but it itches sometimes. Is that anything to worry about?

Guest wrote:

I'm glad you posted this, and also a little dissapointed that no one has yet responded. But I too seem to be having this problem of finding hair (which was not there before). Would be grateful for a professional opinion

I had/have the same problem, so went to my GP and found out I had polycystic ovaries. Other symptoms are - hair around the nipples, a line of hair from the stomach to virginal area, upperlip and chin. I am taking metformin, which is specifically designed for patients who suffer from diabetes, but this has controlled my hormones and cleared all the side effects. Other side effects were, weight gain and heavy painful periods, with REALLY swollen sore breasts (mine go up two sizes when I'm menustrating and I can also feel myself ovulating) Hope this helped!

Hi guys, I am a beauty therapist who has performed hundreds of bikini waxes. I would just like to put all your minds at rest, that everyone that I have waxed down below has this hair present. As there is now a high demand for Brazilian waxes etc.. there is obviously more people now taking notice of their nether regions. Just to re-iterate it IS absolutely normal to have hair on the inside of the labia. And NO; shaving close there will not make it any worse. :-D

i wish it would be so simple. my hair line has moves deeper inside since i started shaving it, and, they are as ruff as men beard. i cannot wax it out as it's extremely painful. So i really don't know what to do...

I too have alot of pubic hair and I am fair skinned with not too much hair elsewhere on my body...but I have developed quite a obnoxious and long haired happy trail that I have to shave...as well as alot of pubic hair on my inner thighs around my pubic region...AS WELL AS hair inside my labia...and around my vagina hole. HELP IS THIS NORMAL?? does anyone else have long coarse pubic hair around the vag hole? Like not inside the hole...but directly around it. I dont have hair on my face or chin...(cause I was worried it was that psco thing) but I do have one coarse pubic hair that sprouts up around my nipple. Am I alone?

I'm a 20 year old female, and also a fair-skinned, mostly hairless person, but I have out-of-place, coarse, dark pubic hair with hair growing all the way to the edge of my labia major around the entrance to my vaginal canal, down around my anus, and, on the upper area of my labia major, near my clitoris, the hair grows inside of the lips. I have a few nipple hairs, as well, and an occasional random dark hair around my belly button and down my inner thigh. I just wanted anyone else with this type of body hair to know it is normal. I've asked doctors and many other women about this and they all say the same thing: some women just have more hair than others. If you're really bothered by it, you can have the hairs waxed, shaved, or lazer removed; all three of those options are safe. If you decide to shave, be sure to use a new, sharp razor and soak in a hot bath for a few minutes before shaving to help prep the area. If you wax be sure to use a post-waxing cream that will be safe for using on such a sensitive area! Hope this helps!

anonymous wrote:

I too have alot of pubic hair and I am fair skinned with not too much hair elsewhere on my body...but I have developed quite a obnoxious and long haired happy trail that I have to shave...as well as alot of pubic hair on my inner thighs around my pubic region...AS WELL AS hair inside my labia...and around my vagina hole. HELP IS THIS NORMAL?? does anyone else have long coarse pubic hair around the vag hole? Like not inside the hole...but directly around it. I dont have hair on my face or chin...(cause I was worried it was that psco thing) but I do ha
ve one coarse pubic hair that sprouts up around my nipple. Am I alone?

Quote:

**************I am sooo glad that i finally broke down and looked this one up! And soo thankful that you also have written in inquiring about the same problem! I honestly assumed I was completely alone on this one! I am 46 and have suffered from this MESS since I was about 17. Yes, I did assume my hormones were the stimulating factor BUT still i would have bet the farm that this was one of those ALONE FREAK ISSUE"S!!!! I have spent my entire life tweezing with regular tweezer's and let me say I have tried them all. Plucking one by one through the years i will add that a sleeker longer slant edge end made by cross that i found at Walmart can you believe , several years back and thats after trying just about ALL price ranges!! WARNING: I am Right Handed and can lay money any day of the week that these LONG CONTINUOUS YEARS of manually tweezing HAS NO DOUBT caused early artheritis in my thumb and pointer finger and middle finger also!!!! From such a young age when this all began to CROP UP , from day one I have experienced nothing but course hair that only grows thicker and longer left untamed! In fact the stages from about 4 days after tweezing (the entirety) from top to just below the vagina hole begins to drive me absolutely MAD!!!!!!! The longer i put this unwanted task off THE MORE MAD I BECOME! Left untweezed i kid you not it would OUTGROW the hair on the outter and thats EVEN if it is left to GROW GROW GROW!! Ive lived through expiermenting and its as if i have honestly miracle growed the entire inside UP TO the clitoris AND Vagina hole! Trust me by then I was ready to just jerk it out with my fingers!!!!! In fact there have been MANY Times that i have gotten sooooo itchy that I HAVE!!! Dont even let me have stubble and start my period. The tampon string alone makes me want to rip it everybit out! Anyone that i have EVER mentioned this too looks at me like i'm crazy which tells me they DONOT have this HUGE PROBLEM!! My mother absolutely cringes when i bring up the subject!! But it Truly is awful! I to have scarred up many spots where i have had to dig out an ingrown hair. 3 different times in all these years i have had a place that would start small (a bump) then you notice that its a little bigger i would mash but only clear liquid and make it sore then i'd stop messing with it until maybe 3-4-5-6- months later persistently dig and mash and finally lance and to my disbelief FINALLY REMOVE a hair no less then 2 to 3 inches long! I am sorry to say that I have no answer to how we can stop all this inner growth HOWEVER I did want to write and spred the word that You are not alone and to share my info and to inform everyone to buy the AS SEEN ON TV Battery tweezer's IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM ARTHRISTIS!! As far as waxing I can't even imagine how that would work in trying to hold down the lips to pull the strip off. Plus i havent had any luck with hot waxing even my legs when it is short stubble!? Loed knows i can't wait for it to get longer without going postal!! What am i doing wrong? Plus the battery tweezer's cut's down my 2 hour one by one plucking to a good 45 minutes. As far as hot wax the pain isnt an issue There have been MANY MANY Times I would have sat in a vat of the stuff if i thought i could have made it that easy!! PLEASE HELP a poor gal who has suffered this unwanted jungle practically my entire life. Believe You me Everyone out there I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!*************

Oh my gosh, I was soooooo relieved to see this post because I seriously thought I was the only one with this problem! I consulted my GP about it who just looked alarmed and didn't reassure me that it is normal. In fact, she completely disregarded my claim, saying that it was "impossible"! However, the hair growing inside my labia has gotten matted and it is difficult to cut off so I have to wait a while. I didn't want to get it waxed because I was afraid the beautician would think I'm a freak of nature or something... However, reading these comments has inspired me to get a full Brazilian wax soon.

I had written my BEAR HAIR story just a few days ago 3/2/11 and am now checking back (and have literally prayed) that i would come upon the MAGIC ANSWER? To the guest that wrote in the next day 3/3/11 Girl I am Sooo Sorry that that GP Person let you walk out feeling like a freak. Obviously, that person not only doesnot have OUR PROBLEM Nor HAS THE EXPIERENCE TO PROPERLY TREAT THE REST OF US!!! Rest assure , Your not alone.!!! I had tweezed well with my as seen on tv battery tweezer's which I can't image not having now ( and yes at 1st i was petrified of them they look and sound about like a saugage grinder BUT PLEASE TRUST ME THEY ARE THE BEST! No more day's of PLUCKING one by one manually as i have for 500 years. So 3/2/11 after i had tweezed with them for about 45 minutes and didnt have the time BUT I HAD TO "OR" GO ABSOLUTELY CRAZY from the itching i was sooo fed up that evening , enough so that i jumped on here and found this site and read what was already here then wrote my comment. Sooo now this is 3/14/11 and the stiff stubble began day's ago infact BY ABOUT THE 8TH I AGAIN JUST HIT IT WITH A LICK AN A PROMISE with my battery operated tweezers because the ones i had missed here n there WERE DRIVING ME MAD!!! So now here i am on the 14th and the stubble is soooooo itchy it's as if i never even tweezed on the 2nd!!!!!!!! Now that shows you how quick and I kid you not I honestly do believe that THEY ARE STUBBLIER AND STIFFER THAN A MAN'S BEARD!!! It definetely comes back just as quick as a mans face BUT GROWS EVEN QUICKER!!!! *******As far as the Brazillian waxing HOW ON EARTH does that work.??? I read what Jamie the Beauty Therapist wrote and Jamie Thank You You give me HOPE "I JUST DON'T Understand how when PULLING OFF the strip's" How does that not jerk (what i refer to as the tender pink raw meat) right on up to and in the vag hole AND right on up to the bend of the clitoris how does one hold that down while jerking the strip off. And does waxing get stubble or does the hair not need to have length to it in order to jerk it out? I know just on my legs the hair had to be longer in order to grab BUT TRUST ME I Have very little expierence with hot waxing. I just never got it right which i realize is because i don't have a clue what im doing!!! AND PLEASE Tell me where do you go (what kind of shop) to get this Brazillian waxing and what does one say when they get to the desk and the person asks you how they can help you?? Oohh I have ape hair from the very top of my lips IN my lips up to my clip and sorta on the bottom edge of it and DEFINETLY up to and sorta IN my VaJayJay hole!? I can't even imagine the look i would get and i can bet the farm that everyone in the back would draw for the short straw on who was gonna have't to deal with this mess , AND HOW DOES the TECH Hold all that open apply the wax and strip and hold the inner tender meat down to keep from stretching it out to the parking lot when the strip is jerked off!!??? The PAIN isnt the ISSUE ( More than a McBillion times in my life I could have taken a tiller to it (from the itch) if their had been a way--STILL WOULD-- But we all know thats WAY TO BIG TOO STRADLE!!!Haa.. I just can't wrap my head around walking in to a shop and asking these questions? I have just Always assumed they would tell me i was in the WRONG SHOP and id walk out with my TAIL BETWEEN MY LEGS, Literally!! Does it take 3 people to gap you open hold you open apply the wax apply the strip ANOTHER PERSON TO HOLD DOWN THE "NOT NORMAL MEAT) and then another to rip it?? The long crack anal hair i would think would be a breeze but its THAT WIRED MEAT with the short stubble that I just can't get a vision on? I soo hope that it is possible I've just ALWAYS had the impression when you heard of bikini wax it was the outter line of a persons swin suit bottom OR now seems like ya hear of a lot of female preferring completely bald BUT AGAIN ive always pictured there hair line stopping at the "EDGE" of the lips NOT SLAP RUNNING RIGHT ON INTO Texas and RIGHT ON INTO THE ALAMO HOLE AND TRYING TO CLIMB TO THE ALAMO'S ROOF! (The clit) How is that possible to put hot wax "ON IT" and JERK off the strip without YOUR CLIT GOING WITH IT!!??? PLEASE HELP , There's no way i could ever walze into a beauty salon and ask these questions? And i'm not even an inch a shy person I just can't imagine the looks i would get from the staff!! And lord i couldnt blame them!! If this really is possible does it cost 2 weeks pay? And does it come back normally slower than tweezing because at the RATE MINE GROWS , I wouldnt have money for anything else! Food , The Mortgage , Fuel.... In fact i would just havet to have my money directly sent to the salon and set me up a cot if it GROWS BACK about the same rate as tweezing!!? I Truly Pray to HEAR BACK From some Wonderful Souls out there that can make this "What has been a huge mountain my entire adult life" DOWN TO A MOLE HILL!! I would Truly Appreciate any and all information and Lord Love All you gals too that have been in the closet yourselves just as i have for many many years TOO FINALLY get our nerve up enough to atleast get on here and BEG FOR INFORMATION!! And Lord Love ANYONE WILLING TO educate all of us hidden closet apes that are SSsoooooo TIRED OF TWEEZING and havent a clue where to begin for HELP!!! PLEASE HELP!!! :cry: :cry:

TIREDOFTWEEZING wrote:

I had written my BEAR HAIR story just a few days ago 3/2/11 and am now checking back (and have literally prayed) that i would come upon the MAGIC ANSWER? To the guest that wrote in the next day 3/3/11 Girl I am Sooo Sorry that that GP Person let you walk out feeling like a freak. Obviously, that person not only doesnot have OUR PROBLEM Nor HAS THE EXPIERENCE TO PROPERLY TREAT THE REST OF US!!! Rest assure , Your not alone.!!! I had tweezed well with my as seen on tv battery tweezer's which I can't image not having now ( and yes at 1st i was petrified of them they look and sound about like a saugage grinder BUT PLEASE TRUST ME THEY ARE THE BEST! No more day's of PLUCKING one by one manually as i have for 500 years. So 3/2/11 after i had tweezed with them for about 45 minutes and didnt have the time BUT I HAD TO "OR" GO ABSOLUTELY CRAZY from the itching i was sooo fed up that evening , enough so that i jumped on here and found this site and read what was already here then wrote my comment. Sooo now this is 3/14/11 and the stiff stubble began day's ago infact BY ABOUT THE 8TH I AGAIN JUST HIT IT WITH A LICK AN A PROMISE with my battery operated tweezers because the ones i had missed here n there WERE DRIVING ME MAD!!! So now here i am on the 14th and the stubble is soooooo itchy it's as if i never even tweezed on the 2nd!!!!!!!! Now that shows you how quick and I kid you not I honestly do believe that THEY ARE STUBBLIER AND STIFFER THAN A MAN'S BEARD!!! It definetely comes back just as quick as a mans face BUT GROWS EVEN QUICKER!!!! *******As far as the Brazillian waxing HOW ON EARTH does that work.??? I read what Jamie the Beauty Therapist wrote and Jamie Thank You You give me HOPE "I JUST DON'T Understand how when PULLING OFF the strip's" How does that not jerk (what i refer to as the tender pink raw meat) right on up to and in the vag hole AND right on up to the bend of the clitoris how does one hold that down while jerking the strip off. And does waxing get stubble or does the hair not need to have length to it in order to jerk it out? I know just on my legs the hair had to be longer in order to grab BUT TRUST ME I Have very little expierence with hot waxing. I just never got it right which i realize is because i don't have a clue what im doing!!! AND PLEASE Tell me where do you go (what kind of shop) to get this Brazillian waxing and what does one say when they get to the desk and the person asks you how they can help you?? Oohh I have ape hair from the very top of my lips IN my lips up to my clip and sorta on the bottom edge of it and DEFINETLY up to and sorta IN my VaJayJay hole!? I can't even imagine the look i would get and i can bet the farm that everyone in the back would draw for the short straw on who was gonna have't to deal with this mess , AND HOW DOES the TECH Hold all that open apply the wax and strip and hold the inner tender meat down to keep from stretching it out to the parking lot when the strip is jerked off!!??? The PAIN isnt the ISSUE ( More than a McBillion times in my life I could have taken a tiller to it (from the itch) if their had been a way--STILL WOULD-- But we all know thats WAY TO BIG TOO STRADLE!!!Haa.. I just can't wrap my head around walking in to a shop and asking these questions? I have just Always assumed they would tell me i was in the WRONG SHOP and id walk out with my TAIL BETWEEN MY LEGS, Literally!! Does it take 3 people to gap you open hold you open apply the wax apply the strip ANOTHER PERSON TO HOLD DOWN THE "NOT NORMAL MEAT) and then another to rip it?? The long crack anal hair i would think would be a breeze but its THAT WIRED MEAT with the short stubble that I just can't get a vision on? I soo hope that it is possible I've just ALWAYS had the impression when you heard of bikini wax it was the outter line of a persons swin suit bottom OR now seems like ya hear of a lot of female preferring completely bald BUT AGAIN ive always pictured there hair line stopping at the "EDGE" of the lips NOT SLAP RUNNING RIGHT ON INTO Texas and RIGHT ON INTO THE ALAMO HOLE AND TRYING TO CLIMB TO THE ALAMO'S ROOF! (The clit) How is that possible to put hot wax "ON IT" and JERK off the strip without YOUR CLIT GOING WITH IT!!??? PLEASE HELP , There's no way i could ever walze into a beauty salon and ask these questions? And i'm not even an inch a shy person I just can't imagine the looks i would get from the staff!! And lord i couldnt blame them!! If this really is possible does it cost 2 weeks pay? And does it come back normally slower than tweezing because at the RATE MINE GROWS , I wouldnt have money for anything else! Food , The Mortgage , Fuel.... In fact i would just havet to have my money directly sent to the salon and set me up a cot if it GROWS BACK about the same rate as tweezing!!? I Truly Pray to HEAR BACK From some Wonderful Souls out there that can make this "What has been a huge mountain my entire adult life" DOWN TO A MOLE HILL!! I would Truly Appreciate any and all information and Lord Love All you gals too that have been in the closet yourselves just as i have for many many years TOO FINALLY get our nerve up enough to atleast get on here and BEG FOR INFORMATION!! And Lord Love ANYONE WILLING TO educate all of us hidden closet apes that are SSsoooooo TIRED OF TWEEZING and havent a clue where to begin for HELP!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I was hoping to find an answer here as well. :)

me too!!!! why is this the only web site that anyone is discussing this

Hi Everybody,

I went to Google and typed my problem "pubic hair growing inside my labia" and this site came up - thank God!! It's taken me months and months just to pluck up the courage to type my problem on the computer in case somebody saw it and laughed!! I am a type 1.5 diabetic on insulin four times a day, for the past year, so I thought my vaginal problem was due to that, but now I'm not sure after reading all your comments. I think that my labia is turning inside rather than my pubic hair growing inside, if you know what I mean? I say that because my labia seems "thinner" rather than "chunky", like I've lost weight in that area, if that's possible? I've been shaving down there for the last 10 years, just because that's how my partner and I like it, it's my "hair style", it's only recently in the last few months that it's causing really bad itching and then I bleed from scratching the area.  But it's since I noticed that my labia is "skinny" and looks as though it's growing inwards, that my itching started.  So now, I have no choice but to shave it because I can't allow the hair to grow in there and it's a vicious circle, because when the hair starts growing, it's like a stubble, sharp and then I start scratching all over again.  I'm using Canestan, which helps a little but not very well.

If it's of any use to anybody, I'm going to see a female doctor on Thursday, to see what she says.  I will come back on here and let you know what she said.  What do you think?

OOOoHHhh Numpty, Please Please DOOoo! Your abslutely right it is one vicious circle and i can witness after ALL THESE YEARS of TWEEZING, "THERE IS NOOOooooo END TO IT" sooo PLEASE My Dear ANY Info would be a Tremendous HELP!!!! THANK YOU

From: Tired of Tweezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post the response from the doctor....I'm scared to ask my gyn because I go to a male and don't feel completely comfortable bringing up this topic.  I have thought about having the hair removed via laser because all the other options cause the hair to grow back so quick.  It is comforting the know that I am not the only one with this problem.