Hi, I am 19 years old female and I have problem with irritation of my vagina. My boyfriend likes long lasting sex and I like to satisfy him. Sometimes our sex may last more than hour. I am not complaining because I really enjoy it but I got irritation after long intercourse. At least I think it is caused by prolonged sex. Does someone have similar experience?

Hi, you can get irritation from prolonged sex is your vagina is not wet enough otherwise it wouldn't happen. Other causes may be allergic nature or infective. It would be the best to visit your gynecologist and take some swabs just to be sure what is the cause of irritation.

I'm having the same problem. Let me know if you find anything. I recently started having intercourse and this occasionally happens to me, usually when I don't get enough foreplay. Last time there seemed to be plenty of foreplay, but I'm not really sure so I guess that could still be it. It usually goes away in 2-3 days, but it is extremely annoying. There's also a weird discharge, like skin is shedding. It doesn't look like any yeast infection I've had before. I'm 24 so I'm sure it's not menopause or anything like that. My boyfriend has never had sex with anyone else and I've never had a problem before I started having intercourse with him, so I doubt it's an STD. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this from happening or how to lessen the irritation, it would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you need to use a lubricant such as KY or Astroglide as these are water based; do not use petroleum based products.

If you're using water-based lube and still having this problem, try keeping a spray bottle of water near the bed, sometimes the lube can dry out and just spritzing with water gets it back to how it should be

Hi I used to have a similar problem when I was younger. I am 40 now and my man is 51. prolonged sex is not realy the problem cause we have sex lasting at least 2 hours and I do not have such problems. Even though partners may be monogamous, personal hygeine matters a lot. There are lots of products available for you and him as well.A good foreplay is needed to allow proper lubrication before penetration otherwise there will be a lot of bruising which can cause irritation after sex. The woman is ready not when she starts to get wet but her private parts start to swell like an errect penis as well.