First off, Hi.
Right now I'm a very worried 17 year old boyfriend, with a 16 year old girlfriend.
Me and her had sex 8 days ago, and she is now on her period, starting yesterday.
We used protection (condom).
Me and her had for at least the past 6 months sworn off sex for the simple fact that if you aren't ready for a child don't have sex.

But that one night a little over a week ago we relapsed into the typical teenage couple for one night, difference being we used a condom.
Now me and her have good communication, and have been discussing this worry in depth over the past week or so, and she is constantly assuring me she is alright.
She keeps saying she would definitely know if she was pregnant.
Another thing that is somewhat reassuring is the fact that she is now on her period.
The only complaint from her on that is that it is a particularly painful period, with bad cramps etc.
It's not the first time she has dealt with painful cramping so I really haven't thought much about that..

So to get to the point and stop the nervous rambling;
Based on that information, could my girlfriend be pregnant?

I thank whoever responds graciously..

-alotofworried

I am a 19 year old girl and I know exactly where you are coming from, being been there and everything. If you used a condom and it didn't break or you didn't notice anything out of the normal with ejaculation, then I would say you are perfectly fine.

One of the first signs of early pregnancy is a missed period, and she got her period which is good. However, if you ever run into this problem again and the condom does break, DO NOT MISTAKE HER GETTING HER PERIOD FOR NOT BEING PREGNANT. You can still be pregnant and have a period.

If shes having heavy cramping and discomfort tell her to take some naproxen, you can buy it over the counter, two or three usually helps. If that does not help tell her to see her family doctor because there could be a more serious issue going on such as PMDD (Premenstrual dysphoric disorder). I suffer from it and i'm being treated for it, and it's miserable, trust me.

Hope this helped! Good luck!

I agree with fatality123 completely. Just because she is having her period does not mean that she is not pregnant, but you did use a condom. So long as you used the condom properly (and you usually can tell if you didn't), you should be okay. If you are really concerned, I suggest that you and she try doing a pregnancy test. Next time, if you are concerned, it might be a good idea for you to investigate proper condom use so that you can be sure you are doing it right! In the meantime, don't worry too much. Whatever happens, you'll be able to handle it. Keep us posted!

Hi:

A person might feel different, but there is no sure way to know if you're pregnancy in the early stages without a reliable test. Pregnancy symptoms can be easily mistaken for other things. The worry is so unnecessary. Take the test. Take it twice if you like, but stop torturing yourself. The speculation can continue forever. Get the information so that you can move forward.....Let us know.

Just a small update.

It's been almost a month since we had sex, she is coming up on her period middle of this coming month.

She continues to reassure me nothing is wrong.

She says she feels great, she's energetic (as always) and her breasts aren't sore at all.

In a few days it will have been 4 weeks.

So there's the update :-). Any input on the current feelings is always appreciated.

And as much as I want to have a baby with the girl I'm with, right now would just be a scary time.. I felt it was necessary to put that out there.

Anyways, thanks for the help here so far.

I appreciate each and every one of you that provides input.

Thanks.

-alotofworried.

Hi:
I am so glad to hear that things seem to be working in your favor. I don't mean to put a damper on things, but it doesn't sound like she has taken a pregnancy test. Why not do that just to be sure. Pregnancy symptoms are different for everyone. It's just a suggestion, but it seems like a wise thing to do. What do you think? If she did, fantastic. Please stay in touch.

I would like her to take a pregnancy test, but almost all of the ones I've looked at say to take it 5 to 10 days after the girls missed period.

She hasn't missed her period yet, and her next one will be sometime this next month.

I don't know if she can take one now or not %-) .

She could take a pregnancy test now if you really need to. If she is pregnant, then she would have a positive pregnancy test at this point since it's far enough out from when you last had sex. I think it would be fine to ask her at this point if she can take it. In either case, thanks for letting us know and keeping us updated!

Has she taken the test yet. If so, what were the results? I would advise you to have a serious conversation with her about birth control options so that you don't have this kind of scare again. Like the saying goes, if you play with fire, you will probably get burned. You two are very young to get burned. That kind of burn will be with you for a long time. Take away the stress factor if you are going to continue to be sexually active, planned or not. There are answers to this problem. Let me know what you find out. I wish you the best.

First of all hi. Im 17 years old and me and my gf had sex 5 months ago. We used a condom and i didnt ejeculate while i was in her. She wanst on the pill or anything. But lately shes been complainig about headaches and fatige. It was our first time, and honestly the suspense of knowing wheather she is or isnt is killing me. Would she be showing a huge belly by now?

She is probably not pregnant. It doesn't sound like it is yours at all. Have you had her take a pregnancy test just to be sure? If she isn't showing by now, she is not pregnant, but maybe you want peace of mind. What do you think?