Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
My experience of this is very similar to TDMII's - I've had these sensations for as long as I can remember and one thing which can trigger them is when someone is concentrating on something of mine (I remember a schoolmate looking at a piece of written work I'd done and feeling totally blissed out). I have also been able to trigger it when of the verge of dosing on the train home from work. Unfortunately, it seems to be happening less often as I get older (44 now), but when it does it's heaven.

I have it too. I have absolutely no control of when it happens, but I can usually keep it happening for awhile once it starts. It usually happens when someone is doing something completely for me.

Wow. I get this too. It's been happening for as long as I remember. I wish I knew why it happened, but I love when it does. Just makes me feel really relaxed and happy.

It's so gratifying to know that other people feel this, too! I've felt it from time to time my whole life (I'm 20 now), and every time I try and describe it to someone they look at me like I'm from outer space.

I only get it when I'm alone with another person and they are reading or writing something that has to do with me, like if they're looking at one of my yearbooks or proofreading. They can't be talking, though -- as soon as they say something, the feeling abruptly goes away for me.

I'll keep this page bookmarked. I doubt this feeling is damaging, and I feel really comforted to know that you all experience this too!

On a side note, I've been able to get little flashes of it when it's quiet and I'm trying to sleep. I try to envision someone near me who is reading or writing, and sometimes I'm able to get that tingling in the back of my head for a little bit. Go figure.

I've also had this for a very long time. I'm in a position at the moment to do some research into what we all have, and I think it could be extremely interesting.
Let's find out exactly what's happening here. Whatever it is, it's certainly wonderful.

It's been a while since I've posted. Glad to see other people that experience this.
What I really posted for though was to see if anyone has found ANY other websites that talk about this sensation or ever met anyone else that has experienced it. I have found one forum that seems like they experience either a similar or the same sensation as we do. Please post back soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys
-clawz

Also I wanted to add - has anyone thought of or heard a proper term for this? And what have you all been typing in on google to try to find other websites with people similar to us?

hey ive gotten this feeling for as long as i can remember. im 14 now and had no idea other people didnt experience it untill i brought it up and my friends started to question me about it. if i had known that this was rare i wouldve simply asked my doctor to find out what it was. im 14 and too busy to visit the doctor for something that isnt serious so can anyone simply ask their doctor whats is going on with these head sensations.....but if they want to cure it then theyll never take me alive

Im am so glad I am not the only one who experiences this feeling. I have had it as long as I can remember. The only other person that I even knew of that experienced it was my grandmother. For my self the experience to spontaneously happen is brought on by music mostly. Violins, Pianos, bagpipes are the main instruments that set it off. Also, deep meditation will set it off and will come in waves for as long as 5mins at a time. It is an absolute tremendous feeling. The tingly waves throughout the body. It also feels like a slight pressure on the skin where the waves are at on my body. And the ensuing euphoria is fantastic. Other people here have wondered how to make it come at will. all I can say is do the things that make it happen or learn to meditate. (And truly learning to meditate isnt something that comes easily). I dunno exactly what it is, and some scientific explanation would probably just cheapen it, but if anyone finds out anything please post it.

Wow, I thought I was alone in this! This feeling is triggered in me when I am watching people concentrate on something, mainly they will be writing on a piece of paper. This can sometimes be awkward as I commute to work on a train and frequently find myself staring at people because they are triggering this sensation!!!

My father had a meditation tape which did the trick as well but I haven't got that any more, shame!

I feel so weird describing this feeling to people so it is good to know I am not alone!

I have no idea why I decided to Google this tonight but I too have experienced this feeling for as long as I can remember, i'm now 33...

When I was younger, it was art TV shows like 'Take Hart' would trigger the 'Feeling'....watching Tony Hart painting a picture would be enough to start it, and as long as I wasn't distracted I could keep the feeling going for quite some time.. Even when I got older, such shows as 'Art Attack' would trigger the feeling, now it happens very rarely, maybe when i'm being shown a new task at work...

What is it???

Its great to read all your descriptions of how it feels and what triggers it! Mine is also set off by someone concentrating on something such as art or fine work and makes my hair do a mexican wave from the back of my head! or so it feels!

Ever since i was a kid, i thought i was weird for having this feeling..i am 19 now and i still get this feeling but very rarely...maybe once a month......
There are different triggers for me like:

- when someone (mostly girls) drew on my hand but slowly...i used to love getting pen tatoos when i was a kid because it gave me this feeling even though after it was over it took 10 minutes to wash off...

- watching cooking shows..where the person is cutting something or doing something with great care...

- watching painting shows...or watching someone draw

- watching my girl friends put on makeup also triggered this...also with great care...like eyeliner or eyelash makeup...

- watching a little kid play with toy cars or ABC blocks..again..gently and with care...if the blocks fall or if the kid drops something...the feeling is
gone

- watching my professor read my paper/watching someone read a book

- when my girlfriend touches or caresses my face with her palms...again..slowly and gently...when she has cold palms..the sensation is doubled...and it gets to the point where the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...

- listening to my grandma's childhood stories..also quitely and soft toned

- watching my grandma do something slowly...like drink a glass of water..open up something...or eat something slowly..

- watching someone care for me or get me something when im sick or unable to get it

- once when i went to get some jeans shortened...i was watching the taylor lady measure my jeans when i had them on and i had this feeling..

- and finally the trigger that has the best effect on me...i mean...where the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and my scalp is just like tingly...and i get goosebumps on my skin......and my head feels warm....is when my girlfriend looks at me and tells me she loves me...

I also get this sensation- its mad because i thought i was alone. it happens if someone is concentrating- like writing something meticulously and slowly, tip exing, or doing something small and delicate and difficult really slowly and i dotn ahve to be looking directly at them, the hairs on my neck tingle and stand up in waves across my neck and head,... is there a medical term? There are a few of us here who experience it- there must be - i thought i was alone in this experience.

Concentration of another person creates this sensation...

Post back soon...

After finding this thread I broached the subject on Facebook and only one other friend had experienced this feeling...he came up with this pretty interesting theory on what it is...

"I theorize that certain people have developed to be very empathic and therefore psychologically programmed to get an endorphin high when someone else is paying loving, tender attention to something. I wonder if there is a correlation between people who have AIHO and people who "feel" others' emotions very deeply."

I'm thinking the 'Sensation' needs a name...any ideas??