I’m a newbie runner and I don’t really know anything about a proper nutrition. Can you fill me in on a few basic things that a newbie should know? My diet is not so balanced these days and I like spicy and sweet foods. I want to change that unhealthy habit and start with new way of life. Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated.

Hello there, rookie! I know that many people can’t give up on sweets and delicious foods which are unhealthy, but you can at least try to decrease the amount of such food. I don’t know whether it’s possible and healthy to make drastic changes and you can start with introducing fruit instead of sweets. You should have three regular meals a day and shouldn’t skip breakfast or lunch. When you feel that you’re low on sugar you can have one of those sports bars or cereal bars. You can also have pasta in order to have your energy back after exhausting training. And don’t think that if you run regularly you can eat more without gaining weight.

start by adding more nutrients to your body. your muscles will need lots of vitamins and minerals to rebuild themselvs after each run.

add more greens to your diet. a barley green drink is a good way to start: Green Barley Grass Juice Powder.

and as for minerals, check out Liquid Trace Minerals.

my brother is the running guru in the fam and he uses both of these after he runs. just mixes them with juice and chugs.