Can you tell me what’s more important to cyclists: hours or miles? I don’t know how to plan my training and should I pay more attention to mileage I cover or to hours I spend cycling. I also don’t know what more efficient for weight loss is of the two. For the time being I measure neither time nor mileage. I know that’s not recommendable but I can’t seem to make a proper plan.

What you do is just a relaxed cycling for pleasure. It has its benefits and surely some effects on your health but in order to improve your efficiency you need to, at least, approximately decide whether you’ll cycle per hour or per mileage. Maybe it’s better if you stick to time for now, because you know how long you can cycle and what’s not exhausting for you. After a while, you can determine approximate mileage and try to ride it because that way you’ll be able to realize the effects of the training and to calculate your average mileage. I think that cyclists combine these two parameters and try to cycle a certain distance for a determined period of time.