This year I’ve started cycling and I like it very much. The only problem is that I get tired pretty fast and I would like to change that and have more strength. I’ve heard that weight lifting is advised to cyclist in order to improve their strength. Can you tell me approximately when to start with it and how often to exercise?

That’s correct! Among other benefits from cycling, it also improves your physical strength and makes you more endurable. But that doesn’t just happen. You have to work on it. So, weight lifting is recommended for cyclist. You can start with it already, but there is so-called cycling season which lasts from spring to winter and when winter comes it’s out of season and that’s usually when cyclists move to gyms and exercise weight lifting excessively. During the winter they work on their muscles and condition and when the season starts, they’re not rusty but full of energy and strength. So, since you’re still a beginner, you can start with light workouts very soon and flex your muscles a bit, and when winter comes you’ll start with weight lifting program just like other cyclists.