Since I try to cycle as much as possible I get very tired and hungry during training and sometimes those energetic drinks and gels just aren’t enough. But the problem is I can’t eat while I’m cycling because either the food keeps on falling out of my hand or I lose my balance and I fall from the bike. How do you guys solve this issue? I guess that there is somebody who has to eat on the bike?

Hm, I also do get very hungry, but gels and sports bars are sufficient in my case, because they have those carbs that are easily digested and absorbed and I’m full of energy in no time. In certain cases, when I’m extremely hungry I eat a banana and that’s also a reservoir of energy. But if you still find this insufficient, maybe you can try and make yourself a sandwich which is compact and which you will be able to eat using only one hand. Use some spreads and things that won’t fall out. Avoid meat and cheese. I also know that those gummy bears are advised to be eaten by cyclist since they have certain ingredients that give you energy and you don’t get hungry so often.

I hear the protein candy bars are an excellent source of protein during or after a workout. I find them expensive so I never used them but guys trying to build mass use them all the time.

I am sure those would come in handy when cycling without having to try to hard to keep your balance.

why don't you stop and simply take a 5 minute break and eat?