comments please.

yay or nay
good, bad, indifferent.

i'd appreciate anything all you lifters have to say.

I don't have one and don't know anyone that has one, but why get that instead of a regular weight bench? Aren't they quite a bit more expensive?

If Weider advertised on TV with hard body models, would you be more likely to buy one of their benches? I don't think that it's the machine that will get you to where you want to be as it is the desire to get there. (did that make sense?)

My sentiments exactly. I am skeptical of anything that works on tension as opposed to interchangeable weight. Best bet: free weights and a bench. Second best: a good Universal system with a bench press, squat rack, leg extensions, the basic stuff.

I stay away from all that gimmicky c**p. I think there was a post in Just Running though, and Mari is pretty into weight lifting, you might check it out to see what she was asking. I didn't read it.

Hubby said he used to have one. He didn't like it because it wasn't very smooth when he used it. It was jerky and akward. I would look into free weights too.

Never used a bow-flex but have used variety of nautilus and other machines. Free weights are best, hands down. The machines limit your motion, I think using free weights causes you to not only perform the intended exercise but you also have to balance the weights. This requires use of other muscles w/o you even realizing it. Bench pressing is a prime example - benching on a machine is a cake job, benching on a weight bench with free weights requires concentration, strength and balance.