I don't why, but I have put on quite a bit of weight in the last year, without changing my eating habits I suppose that it has something with ageing but I am not certain. Any way, regardless of the reason, I am now trying to change my eating habits because something is not working the way it should, apparently. They always say that a good breakfast sets you up for the day, so what is the best diet breakfast?

I like to have either a home made cereal bar (no sugar) or a fresh piece of fruit or two. This can be a grapefruit (my fave), or an orange, banana, apple... anything really. I also like nuts sometimes, and dried fruits. Bananas do have a bit of fat, but they release energy for a few hours after you have eaten one, so they might just keep the urge to snack at bay.

Anything low in sugars and bad fats, but high in proein and fiber to keep you full.

Scrambled eggs with spinach- very good. Oatmeal.

Try looking up some healthy recipes for something new