What do I have to know about bike climbing? Next week I’m going to an off the beaten track trail cycling and I have never been climbing the hill on my bike. How exhausting is that? Are there some special preparations that I have to make in order to not to tire myself too much? Fill me in on the necessary information, please.

There are a few tips that I’d like to tell you. First of all, I’d get a navigating device in order not to go astray, since we all know that such things happen while you’re practicing mountain biking and cycling off the beaten tracks. Another device that I think you should bring is heart rate monitor, since you’re worried that you may get exhausted. This way you can set the alert at a particular heart rate level and when you reach it, the alarm will go off and you can make a pause. Then, comfortable shoes and clothes are also important, because it can be windy and chilly at higher altitudes. Hydration is also important and you should do it on a regular basis.