For the past month I have been riding the bike one day, and the rowing machine another and running the other 3 days. Will I get a better cardio work out by doing 2 days biking or should I stick with the split?

You are gonna get a good cardio work out on either one IF you put the effort into it which I'm sure you do. If you get bored and like variety go ahead and switch. Plus each works some different muscles as well.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I averaged a 2;07 per 500 meters last week for 30 minutes so that should have gotten my heart rate up. I don't remember what my miles were for 30 minutes but it was near 8 I think so not to bad.

I love the rowing machine!

I was rowing the other day and an older gentleman came by and said "looks like someone is rowing clear across the country today" :teehee:

what are you training for? just general health, wt loss, body shaping, racing? you are certainly better off with a well rounded program just as you describe- unless you are trying to compete at something.

rowing is pretty deceiving- a great upper body workout that you do not get cycling or running- and the calorie burn is very high for a non wt bearing exercise.