How to train during the off season? I’ve read something about cycling during the winter time, but I don’t think I’m capable of it because it seems like an extreme sports activity. I thing I’d freeze to death, go astray or break every bone in my body on the ice. Tell me how to prevent getting out of condition during the winter. Thanks.

Hello! Cycling in the winter is not as impossible as it may seem to you but it’s true that it takes more experience to try it. But usually cyclists go to a gym during the off season and they work out in order to enhance their strength and prepare for the new season. At first, you should use heavier weight and fewer repetitions and as the season approaches there should be lighter weights and more repetitions. Also, you can exercise on the stationary trainer or you can also take the benefits of swimming. There is actually no such thing as off season for cycling. You always have something to do and work on your body and strength.