Hello. My friend has a cat and she is having some problems with her. Since she adopted this cat she spent a small fortune for all the vet check ups and tests, since there were constantly some health issues that needed to be taken care of. Last time she went to the vet he told her that her cat has arthritis and she totally flipped out. She doesn’t have the money to take her to the vet anymore and she is hoping she will be able to treat her at home. So here I am, asking you, how can one treat arthritis naturally?

Hello. First step of diagnosing arthritis is recognizing the signs. When you see that something is different with your cat you need to see your vet immediately. But the good news is that arthritis can be managed very successfully with appropriate treatment and just with simple changes to your cat’s environment. There are several ways, a few alternative therapies that work very good for cats diagnosed with arthritis. Those therapies are acupuncture, massage, laser therapy. There are also some herbs but I don’t know how they work. Medications for arthritis are also good. Remember that every cat requires a specific treatment plan and your vet will be in the best position to discuss about treatment plan for your cat.

Hello guys.

My friend is feeding her cat according to Hill’s prescription diet feline j/d and it is available to everyone. This diet promotes the balance of the fish oils within the food and in particular the balance between what are known as Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.

This diet has so high level of fish oil in the diet program and it is highly palatable to most cats. But you also need to be very careful because this diet program is so high in calories and you need to be very careful that your cat doesn’t become overweight.

Hey everyone. I am having a cat that is dealing with arthritis. I know a lot about it so here are some tips how to treat your cat when she is sick. You need to keep her slim because decreasing the load on their joints can be bad for her health. Feed her with right amount of high – quality food and this should maintain her weight control. Also, be very careful when you are exercising with her. But sometimes you should not run away from medications because they can help when your cat is in pain. You can try acupuncture for your cat. It can be helpful for them as well.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry about your friend, Ruby, and her cat, but there is no cure for arthritis. 

There is nothing she can do to fix this. And she will have to find some money if she wants, at least, to make this easier for her cat. She will have to visit her vet in order for him to prescribe her with some pain medications, something to kill the pain.

In case her cat has some extra pounds, it would be a good idea to make her lose some weight. Losing weight has been shown to benefit overweight cats with arthritis.

Hey guys,

I will agree with Mima on this one, I don't think that there is a cure for arthritis, either. But on the other hand, I think there are some things that you can do in order to make your cat feel a bit more comfortable.

You can make, like, a cozy bed for her, or buy her one, specially made for cats. When you see that she is relaxed, you can try to give her a gentle massage. You can groom the areas of her body that are hard for her to reach.

And you need to make sure that it's easy for her to get to her litterbox, and to her food and water bowls.

Well, I am not sure that one can treat it naturally.

The thing is, this is something that you cannot get rid off once you discover your cat has it. So here’s what you should tell your friend: 

There are some supplements that contain glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate. This is supposed to help in healing the cartilage (that lines the bone within a joint). These supplements are completely safe, and they are effective too in mild cases of the disease. This does require a long-term daily dosing in capsule or powder form, but this shouldn’t be a hard task for your friend.